broken mini

Started by nobody1369, February-09-20 17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

nobody1369

i have a .22 lr mini that ive owned for 15-20 years i bought it used ser. # c40xxx
it does not have a safety cylinder
today i took it out to clean - oil and found it has problems
it will not cock or rotate the cylinder.
will naa repair mine even though im not the original owner?

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: nobody1369 on February-09-20 17:02
i have a .22 lr mini that ive owned for 15-20 years i bought it used ser. # c40xxx
it does not have a safety cylinder
today i took it out to clean - oil and found it has problems
it will not cock or rotate the cylinder.
will naa repair mine even though im not the original owner?
Yes Sir!

You might give them a call Monday AM to find out how to go about getting it to them. While on the phone they can give you additional history from your serial number.

Welcome to the Forum! Post some Pictures of your "Mini" and for sure tell us how the whole experience goes for you!
Rick Jorgenson

nobody1369

Actually my Rat Terrier carries the mini most of the time. As far as I know there's no laws about dogs carrying concealed !
(see attached photo )

Wumbey Goomba

Welcome to the Forum

zorba

I had to send in my 1992 era .22s, also not being the original owner. Similar problem, wouldn't cock or rotate the cylinder. The list of things they replaced was far greater than the list of things that they didn't! Came back looking like new, they even updated the engraving on it!

grayelky

nobody1369-
First, Welcome!
Call NAA. They will gladly repair your gun, and in the process, they will replace all internal moving parts, giving you an almost brand new gun. If they discover an issue with your barrel that, in their opinion, would create a safety issue, they will even replace it. They will tumble your frame and barrel, effectively polishing them to a new finish. I assure you, you will double check your serial number to be certain they did not send you a brand new gun. All for the cost of shipping!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"