How long ago was it, when you got your first mini revolver?

Started by ksblazer, February-23-20 22:02

Previous topic - Next topic

CavScout

My First Handgun was an Erma LA-22... A German made Luger Lookalike in .22LR.
I Paid $50 for it New at a Sporting Goods Store 12 miles North of my current Home!
That was the Summer of 1967, while at Home between Merchant Ships to Viet Nam (MSTS).
I was 18 Years Old!

My First Mini-Revolver was bought at the Fort  Ord Rod&Gun Club in 1975.
It was a Freedom Arms 1 5/8" .22LR... with a Floating Firing Pin
The Floating Firing Pin allowed an unobscured Sight Picture!
Similar to attached photo... but traded long ago!

I was an MP Game Warden, and the AMTU Pistol Range at East Garrison was in My Patrol Area!
I would stop by and shoot 100 rounds of reloads... 5 days a week!... I got VERY GOOD!  ;)

I could place 4 out of 5 rounds on an 8" Square Target Plate at 60 yards with that Freedom Arms Mini-Revolver!

With Guidance and some NM Parts from one of the AMTU guys... I "Tuned" my Issue 1911A1.

Over in the Helicopter Training Area, also my Patrol Area... I could hit a Gallon Size Container at 150Yards, after 2-3 Ranging Shots... resting over the Saddle of my Army Issue ROKON RT-340 Dirt Bike!

Since 1975, I've owned and traded Multiple Freedom Arms and NAA mini Revolvers, but never had a Rocky Mountain!

My Current Minimal Collection is:
Ranger I
Earlybird (#14) Sidewinder Combo
.22LR 1 5/8"
Ranger II Combo 2.5" (Waiting for Replacement Order!)
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

Doc Holliday

Been long enough that I can't remember for sure. It was a Mini with both cylinders though. Still have it...a total of seven now. The only one I really didn't care too much for is my Sidewinder but I'll hang on to it. Kind of like my Ranger II also. My prize was and is the Color Case Hardened 22 Mag with engraved boot grips. My latest is a Wasp with Real Stag grips.
Doc Holliday
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

Leadfoot64

I had been looking at naa's for a while, bought a guardian last october, and then in the last month ive accumulated 3 minis. A rainbow magnum, a turquoise 22lr, and a newbury 22short. The collection will continue to grow!
Guardian .32acp
Mini .22magnum rainbow
Mini .22lr turquoise
Mini .22short Newbury Park (1977)

Bigbird48

Quote from: Leadfoot64 on April-16-20 07:04
I had been looking at naa's for a while, bought a guardian last october, and then in the last month ive accumulated 3 minis. A rainbow magnum, a turquoise 22lr, and a newbury 22short. The collection will continue to grow!
yea your hooked now ;D ;D

Leadfoot64

Quote from: Bigbird48 on April-16-20 23:04
Quote from: Leadfoot64 on April-16-20 07:04
yea your hooked now ;D ;D

Yes! Its like lays potato chips.. bet u cant have just 1!!!
Guardian .32acp
Mini .22magnum rainbow
Mini .22lr turquoise
Mini .22short Newbury Park (1977)

Texron

In 2013, I bought a NAA 1 1/8" Mini Mag with the conversion cylinder. I liked it so much, my collection just grew from there.

Uncle Fatso

Around 1994 or 5 I think. Bought a used 1 5/8" .22LR Mini.

Canoeal

Bluecow,
Does anyone still drink Moxie really?
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

gsp1951

Here's a photo of my Black Widow purchased in 2008. My first NAA firearm and the only survivor of my Arizona life. I had to sell most of my firearms, including a 3"Earl, a 22mag, a 22lr, and a Guardian 32, as well as 10 other handguns. Getting divorced and moving back to CT, sucked.
My collection, since relocating to NC, has slowly grown.

Bambihunter

I bought mine in the early 90's. I used it as my CCW for a few years. Then, I went somewhere that I wasn't supposed to take it so I left it in my car where it was promptly stolen. I got it back maybe 7 years later.
I shot one cylinder full of .22lr through it. I loaded it again, 2nd time I pulled the hammer back, the mainspring broke. So, i bought the part and replaced it. I used it a couple of range trips and it broke again. This time when I took it apart another spring went flying which I can't find. I called about sending it in to see if something is causing the breakages. But, since it is pieces, they wouldn't work on it without an assembly fee. So, it has sat on my mantel in parts for quite a few years. One of these days, I'll buy the two parts and try it again.
I later bought a Kel-Tec P3AT that I greatly prefer from power, usability standpoint, so I don't really need this one. But, I'd like to get it going. It was one of the first 5 or so handguns I purchased.

Wumbey Goomba

The assembly fee is like $20, if I'm
not mistaken. Plus you'll pay shipping.
But you'll get back a like new gun.

Welcome to the forum.

MR_22

In 1998, I bought a Black Widow with both .22LR and .22-Magnum cylinders for $175 at Discount Firearms in Las Vegas (well, actually Henderson). It also had the now-illegal wallet holster that NAA used to sell, which I sold for $50 (whom I fully made aware of the status of the holster at the time). A Guardian .32 was soon to come.

That started me into the world of NAA. I also immediately joined this NAA board--or at least a previous version of it. I signed up as Darvell, then anonymized it to NAA_Collector, and then MR_22 when my crazy estranged brother started stalking me after he filed a lawsuit against my Dad's estate after he (my dad) died in 2009.

I maxed out at about 36 NAA firearms at one time, but I sold off my Talo collection, and a few others, so it's a lot lower than that.

Bambihunter

Quote from: Wumbey Goomba on June-30-20 18:06
The assembly fee is like $20, if I'm
not mistaken. Plus you'll pay shipping.
But you'll get back a like new gun.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome.  :)
It's been years since I called but I believe they said it was $75. I had a thought last night that I could put it together minus the missing/broken parts and maybe avoid the assembly fee. Either way, I think I'll send it in so they can see if there is any reason to go through two mainsprings in such short succession. I assume to send a handgun back to manufacture still requires the idiotic next day shipment if from a non-FFL like it does to send to a FFL when transferring for sale?

BoBo522

Got my first one yesterday! NAA Pug Shadow 22 WMR with 22 LR conversion cylinder. Lovely little revolver.

RangerJim

Welcome to the forum, BoBo--and congratulation on your first mini!  The Pug Shadow was a really good choice for your first NAA revolver--possibly too good.  Sorry, but you may be hooked now.  Please post a pic when you come off probation.   :D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Texduk3

have have my first mini about 5 years,  my BW about 4   8)

"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

pietro

Quote from: Wumbey Goomba on February-27-20 17:02
Never had one whiz by my ear either.

I did...................

Was letting a newbie shoot my .22 rifle 45 years ago at an old bathtub about 50yds away in a junkyard.

The tub was on end, facing us, and he was trying to hit the drain hole.

When he hit the inside wall of the tub instead, the curvature there re-directed the bullet back at us.

Sometimes, stupid gets lucky (both of us qualified).

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Kimber1911

Good morning ALL. I'm glad you are lucky pietro.  As to the question about my first mini,   1986  it has Spanishfork, Utah on it.
       TTFN              R                    8)