Ranger II Barrel Rib Change

Started by CavScout, April-21-20 22:04

Previous topic - Next topic

CavScout

When did NAA change the Ranger II Barrel Rib Profile?

All but one image I found on the Internet Prior to getting my New Ranger II, had Barrel Ribs with an "Hourglass" Profile (Looking at the Muzzle).

My New Ranger II has a Barrel Rib Profile that more closely resembles an "Inverted Bucket"

I'm sure it was a Production Cost Saving Change... But I was Hoping My Ranger II would have the "Hourglass" Profile to match my Ranger I.

The First Photo is My New Ranger II... The second Photo is an Internet Grab, and what I was Hoping to Receive.
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

grayelky

This was done several months ago. I posted about it when I noticed a difference in one that came into the shop. I made an inquiry, and was told it was to bring the Ranger II in-line with the styling of the rest of the line up. Like you, I kinda prefer the former design. I had 2 on the shelf, and pulled both. They are now at my house. I am hoping in 18-20 years when my grandkids are in college, someone will want the hour glass design. A LOT!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Canoeal

It was in either a soapbox or an update a while ago. I am sure someone who cares can find it.

Found it soapbox dated Sept 2019.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

CavScout

Quote from: grayelky on April-22-20 07:04
<snip>
Like you, I kinda prefer the former design. I had 2 on the shelf, and pulled both. They are now at my house. I am hoping in 18-20 years when my grandkids are in college, someone will want the hour glass design. A LOT!

I Prefer the Hourglass Design of the Original Ranger I and Ranger II because it was consistent with the Smith & Wesson Top Breaks that I have, and have had in the past.

The Engraving is actually a Forehand & Wadsworth... One of the Many Copies of Smith & Wesson Top Breaks.
the Muzzle shot is a Schofield.
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler