Black powder NAA question

Started by taku, May-23-20 12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

taku

For those who have the cap and ball version, can it be fired with primer only?

I am looking around for a new toy and came upon the Pedersoli Derringer Guardian #11 and #209 which made me think of the CB.

Uncle_Lee

What are you planning to shot out of it?
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

taku

22 crosman pellets or 22 caliber bbs. .177 pellets if the 17 is still made in cap and ball.

Something like the .22 BB cap rimfire metallic cartridge.

OLD and GRUMPY

.22 air gun pellets do not seat well. I used them with powder and they would work loose on recoil. They might work cap only for for target practice.  In a revolver you  loose presser out the cylinder gap.  I shoot Aquila Colabri in the shop for practice. They are quiet. Crank up the Lead  Zepplin and the people out side won't hear it.   https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2506163096    Try  .22 air soft?  I shot home cast #4 buck. Hard to seat but light and worked. Or .22 air gun cleaning pellets. You could reuse them. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/RWS_22_Quick_Cleaning_Pellets_80ct/667.  Don't  screw around. Call the home base in Utah and order 500 bullets.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

taku

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Rigemortis

If you try it, please let us know. You can probly try one and just check to make sure it's not stuck in the barrel before you trying a second one.

lefty dude

I have shot 22 pellets, from my 22 Hornet primer powered. I neck sized the case, placed the pellet in the neck. Quite effective close range.
I use pellets in my Companion.

OLD and GRUMPY

I took Companion out today.  Loaded  NAA bullet and cap NO powder. Bullet stuck in the bore  1/2" in. Next  2 never left the chamber. So much for that.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

taku

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on June-12-20 11:06
I took Companion out today.  Loaded  NAA bullet and cap NO powder. Bullet stuck in the bore  1/2" in. Next  2 never left the chamber. So much for that.

Good to know.  I am asking around to see if any dealers can get the Pedersoli 209 Hawk Rifle for me.  It is too unique for me to pass up.