widow or sheriff?

Started by jstert, May-26-20 07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

jstert

i like shooting 22lr and the larger 22magnum sized frame.  my 22lr bugout1 with cv revision grips is always on me or next to me.  i also prefer the bugout cylinder release over the regular mini (also have one with holster folding grip but is far distant second to my bugout1).

i've now got an itch, but the only vaccine is made by naa:  widow or sheriff?  im leaning to latter, just because it looks cool.  in either case i would replace stock grips with cv revision.  i realize that the sheriff is too long to be a pocket ccw but that is ok. 

please school me kind folks. 

pietro

Considering the forum in which you're asking - buy both ! !  ;)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: jstert on May-26-20 07:05
i like shooting 22lr and the larger 22magnum sized frame.  my 22lr bugout1 with cv revision grips is always on me or next to me.  i also prefer the bugout cylinder release over the regular mini (also have one with holster folding grip but is far distant second to my bugout1).

i've now got an itch, but the only vaccine is made by naa:  widow or sheriff?  im leaning to latter, just because it looks cool.  in either case i would replace stock grips with cv revision.  i realize that the sheriff is too long to be a pocket ccw but that is ok. 

please school me kind folks.

The Sheriff has the cylinder release you like.  The Black Widow is a fine gun as well.

The answer is..... BOTH   :o     I know, I'm a bad influence  ;)

I have made several Pocket Holsters for the Sheriff so there are quite a few out in the wild being carried that way.

With the CV Grips they may show depending on your style of pants but it can go a little deeper in the pocket with a thin "Sleeve" type  Holster
Rick Jorgenson

jstert

two replies, "get both."  😆 😉

rick, do you have photos of your pocket sheriff holsters? 

thanks!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: jstert on May-26-20 09:05
two replies, "get both."  😆 😉

rick, do you have photos of your pocket sheriff holsters? 

thanks!

I can't find one right now. I do have one of the Ranger 2.5 Bbl. which is the same size/length, I change the stitch pattern to fit the Ranger

Also, The Sheriff normally has the smaller 5 Shell Snap Pocket vs. the larger Speed Loader Snap
Rick Jorgenson

Rick_Jorgenson

By the way.....

Your "peers" here on the Forum have pretty much decided for you that you should just buy both, Sheriff and Black Widow!  ;)

So now that you have that in your sights get Uncle_Lee to hunt down the best prices for you! (unless you have a favorite LGS)

Good luck, you will be happy with either!

Here is a couple photos of the "Soft Sleeves"  These are done with the "Smooth side Out" but I also make them with the "Smooth side In"

With the smooth side in the texture help hold the sleeve in your pocket when drawing. It's a matter of your taste.

One Gun Shop in Georgia prefers them "Rough Out" so I make them for him however he likes them! (once in a while I slip a smooth side out to him)  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

Wumbey Goomba

If it were me, I'd get the Sheriff, but then
I already have two Black Widows.
So get two Sheriffs. Just make sure
one is left handed and one right handed.

jstert

enablers all here...  😎 but honestly, what did i expect? 

thanks for photos rick, the sheriff looks pocketable after all. 

as for price, how is a new sheriff 22lr/wmr for $300?  i was kinda hoping for $250ish, used is ok.

how is the sheriff as a shooter, has anyone tried one with cv revision grips?  i've put 500+ rounds through my bugout1, happy camper. 

thanks!

smokeless joe

As stated above I'd go with both. But if I could have one and only one of the two I'd go with the Black Widow. As I matter of fact I already did. Twice! It's just a good looking, sturdy little pistol.

Bigbird48

yea its a hard choice I have both and a bugout too. I think if I could only have 1 I'd go with the BW it's very dependable, a great shooter and a little easier in the pocket altho I carry mine on my hip. To much junk in my pockets LOL and its easier to get on on the hip. ::)

KEN AR

What can I say Black Widow for me. Yep Rick's sleeve works great for some days.
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Bigbird48

Quote from: KEN AZ on May-26-20 22:05
Ken try holding the camera the way your gonna take the picture before turning it on.then see if your pictures will post right

Bigbird48

Quote from: KEN AZ on May-26-20 22:05

Uncle_Lee

I normally buy in pairs so I would say buy a pair of both.. 8)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Canoeal

Black Widow. Best gun in the whole line-up. I have a black Widow and a Wasp. The sheriff reads "To long to pocket carry" for me.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

gsp1951

The Black Widow is ahead in my collection...so far! I have no problem carrying the Sheriff holstered in a front pocket of my Levi 505 jeans.