As I age maybe NAA is all that's needed

Started by Mickey, June-27-20 15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

It is Halloween .With those I could go as a river boat gambler or pimp!  I'll dig out my  1970s  purple ghetto suit. What car should I drive?
Death before Decaf !!!!!

smokeless joe

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on October-31-20 06:10
It is Halloween .With those I could go as a river boat gambler or pimp!  I'll dig out my  1970s  purple ghetto suit. What car should I drive?
Old drop top Cadillac

UTShooter

I can see a NAA as a carry gun when I am older but me and NAA do not get along. I wish things were different.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: UTShooter on November-05-20 17:11
I can see a NAA as a carry gun when I am older but me and NAA do not get along. I wish things were different.

My wife and I don't get along 100% of the time but she is still #1.
And I am talking protection also.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

top dog

Uncle Lee,
Here are two words that you can use to win any argument with your wife (no,not those two words)

Yes Dear

Works everytime because they are expecting an argument (which you won't win) so just save yourself a lot of hassle,say   Yes Dear and sit back with another cup of coffee in peace.

Top Dog

UTShooter

Quote from: uncle_lee on November-07-20 05:11
Quote from: UTShooter on November-05-20 17:11

My wife and I don't get along 100% of the time but she is still #1.
And I am talking protection also.

Both NAA minis. I have owned had to be shipped back to NAA.  The barrel was coming off one and the timing on the other was bad enough it was shaving lead. I keep thinking I want one for CCW but then I go look at my sidewinder and tell myself there is no way. I'd trade it off for another but it would never be for CCW.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: top dog on November-07-20 07:11
Uncle Lee,
Here are two words that you can use to win any argument with your wife (no,not those two words)

Yes Dear

Works everytime because they are expecting an argument (which you won't win) so just save yourself a lot of hassle,say   Yes Dear and sit back with another cup of coffee in peace.

Top Dog

I learned "Yes Dear" a long time ago. We have been married 41 years.
Another one I know is  "I am sorry". You say it even if you feel you have nothing to be sorry for.
God, Country, & Flag

top dog

Uncle Lee,
Looks like you got all bases covered.

In the long run,it saves you much grief.

Top Dog

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: top dog on November-08-20 07:11
Uncle Lee,

Top Dog

And it saves a lot of money - Lawyers & Court Costs
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on November-08-20 07:11
Quote from: top dog on November-08-20 07:11
Uncle Lee,

Top Dog

And it saves a lot of money - Lawyers & Court Costs
I approve this message!

adp3

Married 45 years now and I took my cue from Nixon years ago,

"Mistakes may have been made. I have no recollection."

"I have no recollection" becomes more and more plausible every day.

Best Regards,
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

top dog

adp3,
That may work once,maybe twice but then the better half will see right through it,then you are pretty much up the river w/o anything.

Fortunately for us more "mature" folks  (read that as OLD).we have learned over the years and hopefully can pass on the knowledge so other younger folks my benefit from our hard earned mistakes.

Just like in self defense situations,younger folks seem to charge right in while us older folks tend to "detour" around that stuff and survive the situation and aftermath (read that is fallout).

Top Dog

Texron

If I am at Walmart or a restaurant, I usually have my S&W 9 mm M&P Shield in a Kydex holster or belly band 887itch shirt tail out. But in each vehicle I have a NAA mini mag within easy reach. In many situations, I just stick one these in my pocket. I am 71.

top dog

Texron,
Looks like you pretty much have all bases covered.

Being prepared pretty much takes care of things as if you have  prepared,you are also aware.

Top Dog

mrmurl

Glock model 27 in a Kydex wearing an overshirt tail out and a BW in a homemade pocket holster in my cargo pants pocket.  Sometimes leave Glock in car at a doctor office or hospital, but always have my BW in my pocket.  I am 75 years old crippled with RA.
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: mrmurl on November-27-20 09:11
Glock model 27 in a Kydex wearing an overshirt tail out and a BW in a homemade pocket holster in my cargo pants pocket.  Sometimes leave Glock in car at a doctor office or hospital, but always have my BW in my pocket.  I am 75 years old crippled with RA.

I am older than you and crippled with RA.
Wrists are pretty well shot. Typing with braces is a drag.
God, Country, & Flag

mrmurl

Uncle Lee I know what you mean, the swelling of my wrists caused the tendon on my right hand trigger finger to rupture and stretch so that I can"t lift it up any more.  It curls down under my hand and is very much in the way and I am made to type with the second finger on my right hand so that requires that I use that finger on the left.

Did you know that RA can and will effect replacement joints?  I have both knees and both hips replaced and they still bother me.  I asked the surgeon about it and he said it would. 
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

Ozark75

I think you may be on to something Mickey. I am always quite confident when I am only carrying my little NAA mini. Occasionally, I do feel the need for something a little bigger, but that is quite rare. I have been thinking long and hard about all aspects of a self defense weapon (for home and away from home), and a little .22 does make quite a bit of sense. There are pro's and con's to everything, but I'm not so sure the pro's aren't starting to outweigh the con's for me. I still have a couple .357's and everything else I own is .22. I'm thinking of dumping one of the .357's, but I'm not quite there yet. I think I will always have at least one though (I do like the boom!). Lot's to ponder......