A Good Man Is Gone

Started by lauraslookout, November-12-10 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraslookout

This past Sunday morning my stepdad passed away peacefully in his sleep. He taught us 3 boys to shoot, hunt and fish. He taught my son and nephew as well and if he'd been given just a few more years he could have taught the great-grand-kids as well. His passing is a massive loss to us. He was Blessed and he was a Blessing to all who knew him. Everyone who knew him wanted to relate stories to us and I have never seen so many grown men openly crying and choked up trying to get outside before they completely broke down in front of the women. Jim

bud

Jim,

Sorry to hear of your loss!! I'm sure you will miss him for years to come. I'm glad for you and your family that it was a peaceful passing.

It doesn't hurt for men to cry!!

silvershooter

sounds to me that it was a great honor/privilege/blessing to have known Him. I wish you and your family all the best in this sad time. I'm sure he's resting comfortably and you'll be with him again someday. He'll be smiling as he watches you teach your grandkids to shoot.

redhawk4

My Dad died back in January, Jim I feel for your loss, I have tears in my eyes now just thinking about my Dad in this context. All the best to your and yours, I hope in time you will find peace as I have done. It will be tough for a while, but hang in there.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

wyn

My deepest condolences. Keep him in your heart and think good thoughts.

coopercdrkey

Last March my Dad passed away in his sleep.  The serenity of his passing didn't diminish our loss, but we certainly felt blessed that he left us in peace.

Blessings to you and your family.
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

cedarview kid

Sorry to hear of your loss. My father passed about a year and a half ago. He didn't take me shooting much, but suggested I buy my first rifle back in the 80's. A bail-bondman friend hand taken a Remington Nylon 66 rifle in as collateral and the crook then skipped bail. I wish I still had that gun, but I never would have gotten it without my dad. He didn't buy it for me, for which I'm actually grateful.

Here's to all the dads who got their sons (or sons-in-law) into shooting!

Dar

Randy

Jim,

Also very sorry for you loss. I lost my dad in '91 at the age of 88. I still greatly miss his wisdom. Time will help heal and sadness will be replaced with memories. May God bless hold you and your family close in your time of sorrow.  

Randy

cookieruffruff

lauraslookout, very sorry to hear about your loss, my mom n dad are older in their late 80s  so i'm dreading that day.......i'll pray for them and you      dave/cookie

heyjoe

im also sorry to hear about the passing of your stepdad. judging by the people who knew him best he was an all around good guy. he will continue to exert a positive influence on your family for generations to come.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

grayelky

Know in your heart you and your family are in my prayers.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

clipper1

...Jim, You and Your family are in My prayers..The Lord has His own timetable..He also leaves with You, The Holy Spirit to comfort You..Gary...

ephraim

To all you who have lost a Dad. I understand how you feel. My Daddy passed away in '83, but it feels like yesterday. He gave me a '410 and a '22 when I was 12, and went hunting with me whenever he had time. They were good times.He was the best shot with either pistol or long gun I ever knew. After he passed away it took me a long time to want to hunt again. Now I just target practice. It seems our loved ones are never really gone as long as someone remembers. God bless you all. you are in my prayers as well

E.

lauraslookout

Guys, thanks for your kind comments.

top dog

Lauraslookout,

Not knowing what happened to you biological Father,it looks to me that your Stepfather stepped up to the plate to carry on the job.

He went out of his way to teach you and others the joy of safe firearms handling and hunting.

There is a country & western song about a stepfather that pretty well describes your Stepdad.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss. Hopefully time will lessen the saddness somewhat.

Top Dog

zippovarga

I wish for the celebration of your Step Fathers existence to continue through out the years in honor of the lives he's touched. We are not all as fortunate or blessed to have such a great man in our lives, so please........consider your self among the fortunate and blessed. My prayers extend to you and your family Jim, and I hope, as time progresses, that his greatness continues to be recognized, praised and appreciated. May God Bless.  

Zippo

bud

Today a good woman is gone. My mother passed away at 2:30 am today, 12 4 2010. She was 95, but she was in such bad shape it was a blessing.  

If I would have any advise to give to anyone today, it would be to tell your family members that you love them, because it may be the last chance you'll ever have. I'll miss her.

Randy

Thanks for the good advise Bud. I am so sorry for your loss and pray God holds you and your family close in this time of sorrow.  

Randy

ephraim

Bud,

Please accept my sincere condolences. It is clear she had a long and full life, and was surrounded with people who loved her. We can't ask for more than that. Your advice is good. I expect we all feel we had spend more time, asked more questions about the old days,etc. My Mama passed away in '98. She was a wonderful woman and had a profound influence on my life. I hate to think where I would have been without her.

I miss her every day.God bless.

E!