Favorite .22's?

Started by cedarview kid, November-12-10 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

redhawk4

Sharpblade, nice pics (and Guns)

Dar, I thought you'd have been all over that one, it was only the price of 4 or 5 BT's
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

cedarview kid

Yah, if only I could, Redhawk. I would LOVE to have that revolver... :-/

gunfitrip

Tough question. Model 617 S&W 4 in. my most accurate and quick shooting, Henry Golden Boy 1/1000 engraved pretty (goes to daughter when 18), Great Western Arms .22, BW with ivory handles, .22 LR NAA with ivory handles.

coinchop

Gunfitrip>

How about a picture of all those ivory  

grips and could you tell us where you

got them?   .....

lewiss

Ruger Charger with a cheap BSA red dot sight. It shoots 10 rounds into a single hole you can cover with a quarter at the 50 ft indoor range using the supplied bipod and shooting from the bench. I had great plans to do the custom thing with it, but after shooting it I am afraid to even touch the thing for fear of making it shoot worse! Best out of the box gun I have ever seen.

gunfitrip

Yes, I was made aware of them from the post on this site and from a Gunbroker auction.  I contacted the seller directly as I was unable to buy them from the site with a credit card without registering something on the site.  Anyway, he sells Mastadon Ivory grips regularly on Gunbroker as well as some bone grips.  I don't remember his name, but he's out of Tennessee.  I may have his card at home.  If I find it I'll post the info.  He does outstanding work.  My NAA LR actually was originally with ivory from the looks of it.  I believe there was one posted on this site some time back that was bought from Buddy Hackett's Estate. Mine looks identical.  It is a "B" series with the Newberry Park California address.  I still am not able to post pictures as I simply don't know how to do that.  I will try to learn as there are several sites that would like to see some of my guns and I am not very computer savvy. I do like to see the pictures like are posted here as they are very nice.  I do own an IPOD touch my kids gave me and I know it takes pictures and I can get on the internet with it.  I don't know if I can attach a picture and send it on the internet or not. It's not a telephone, just the Ipod.

zippovarga

Mine has to be my 1958 Colt Frontier Scout that I found buried on my Uncles property. After weeks of tedious cleaning, the thing shoots as well as my MKIII Hunter. Second place has to go to my 10/22, then the MKIII.  

This is, sans the NAA line. They're in a class all their own.  

Here's the Colt with it's original grips and the Stag grips I made for it.  

Cheers!

Dar.....Love my Walther P22 with target barrel and Laser. It's a great indoor plinker and built very well for a composite framed firearm.