Should have called Rick.

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, November-12-20 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

I ordered the mag frame cross draw holster from NAA. Looked good in the pic.  When it came it was soft and not well molded. Send it back? No. I CAN FIX THIS!  Because Mini won't rust I will just get it wet ,shove her in, and use heavy spring clips to mold it.  It worked! It is now hard and well formed.--but it shrank :o. Just what I need. More shrinkage.  If I ever find that  .22 short Mine I am set. --- Santa has Ricks number.     
Death before Decaf !!!!!

mainstreet

Don't feel bad. I been there, done that. At least we are still on the green side of the grass!

Bigbird48

OG wrap the gun in some baggies or saran wrap it will give the holster a little extra room for shrinkage and should have a snug fit when completely dry  :D try it what have you got to lose?

theysayimnotme

Don't know what you meant by the heavy spring clips but I am going to try the idea of shrinking the NAA holster I have with my Black Widow.

OLD and GRUMPY

Use them to clamp the leather tight around the gun and let it dry. Clamp a bunch tight around the edge of the gun to form and mold it. Use cold water I used warm .
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

The bad shrinkage was length. Mini fits snug the way it should but now hangs out way too high.  In Scouts we would send the new kid to find a "bacon stretcher". That might work :D .Think I still got one.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Rick_Jorgenson

Try wetting it again, wetting it "more" on the lower 1/2.  Just hold the lower part in the water a couple extra minutes.

Pull length back into the leather by stretching it.

Like bigbird said "put it in a sandwich bag" just wrap the extra smoothly around the gun.

Push you wrapped gun in as deep as you would like and "a little more" then you think it needs.

Cut a piece of an old belt and slide that in the belt slot to hold the size (only need 2 or 3 inches of belt)

Sit in you EZ Chair and squeeze the leather with your fingers. The leather will start to dry and firm up and not feel squishy. Keep rubbing the shape in. When the leather is nearly back to natural color you can use some "tools" smooth wooden spoons work.

When it is back to natural color and the leather is firm take the gun out, remove the bag and put the gun back in while it dries,
let it sit overnight. It should be ok then.

Then call me in the morning! lol!!  ;)

Rick Jorgenson

theysayimnotme

Well I didn't do all that. I just soaked the holster, inserted the gun & left it for several hours. Didn't seem to do anything.