Hard to Find NAA Sidewinder or any NAA product in general?

Started by draksis, November-18-20 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

draksis

I noticed while trying to find a NAA sidewinder in 22lr that its almost nonexistent online or in stores. Is covid affecting production on NAA products or are they maybe releasing new variants soon and just havent produced more of the current series?

OLD and GRUMPY

Welcome.  What state you in? In Henderson NV one LGS has  12/15 in the case . Mixed models. New/used?   Small LGS will be your best bet.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

draksis

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on November-19-20 12:11
Welcome.  What state you in? In Henderson NV one LGS has  12/15 in the case . Mixed models. New/used?   Small LGS will be your best bet.
CT, it seems like noone has any but just pugs or models that i dont quite care for

Bigbird48

If given a choice I think most here would go for a BW or the Pug sidewinder would not be my first choice.  JMHO
I forgot to mention I have 2 sidewinders not my favorite guns.

LHB

i know that many on here don't/won't buy on line, they have to see/handle it, but all the NAAs I own have been bought on GunBroker, because NO local dealers carry NAA, and in seven years, I have only seen 2 at a gun show in the area.   They were attracting a lot of attention, with the typical question asked the female dealer was "Are those real guns"?

Jsg81

I"ve had good luck online.  I was able to inspect at my FFL and could have sent it back if I wanted.  Overall I thought this process was fairly painless.

I'm not sure if I can post the name of where I purchased in following the forum rules as I am new here. 

Biff

I had NAA send me the cap n ball Earl.  I bought one from LGS stock.  Bought two that I had LGS order from who knows where. 

Boisesteve

Several shops in the general Boise area carry NAA, with at least a few in stock at each.  And they seem to sell quickly if the asking price isn't so high as to be an insult.

LHB

Just noticed that in the original post, he is looking for a sidewinder in 22lR, which means that he is looking for a special or custom order item, since the basic sidewinder is a 22mag, but can be bought as a conversion with both cylinders.

draksis

Quote from: LHB on November-21-20 21:11
Just noticed that in the original post, he is looking for a sidewinder in 22lR, which means that he is looking for a special or custom order item, since the basic sidewinder is a 22mag, but can be bought as a conversion with both cylinders.
Yeah when i made the post i was assuming due to limited stock on any gunstore or gun bids that maybe there was a 22lr variant but it was rarer than 22mag. After further research i was saddened to see that a stock 22lr variant doesn't exist, unless custom ordered. NAA please fix.

Dinadan

Quote from: draksis on November-21-20 21:11
Quote from: LHB on November-21-20 21:11
Yeah when i made the post i was assuming due to limited stock on any gunstore or gun bids that maybe there was a 22lr variant but it was rarer than 22mag. After further research i was saddened to see that a stock 22lr variant doesn't exist, unless custom ordered. NAA please fix.
Even if you get a LR only Sidewinder, it will still be the magnum frame. The only difference between a LR only Sidewinder and a conversion Sidewinder would be that you do not get the magnum cylinder.

NAA has never made a LR frame Sidewinder. To do that they would have to set up a new production line. If I were you I would just get a conversion Sidewinder with the barrel length of your choice. I have two and both are very good revolvers.

Bigbird48

Yea what Dinadan said. There one in the same gun. You can get them with one Cyl. or with both the LR and Mag  but their both on the same frame.