Black Widow Driving Holster (with some flare)

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, November-11-20 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

This one was for a long time customer and friend to the shop.  We have done several Holsters for him and people that have seen his gear and he has brought in to have us build Holster for.

He always loves looking at the NAA's and when I had bought an "extra" Black Widow he lost his mind and had to have it! 

He wanted a Driving Holster and he is always open to letting me "have my way" with his gear so I did a little tooling on the belt strap to make it a little different.

He is a "lefty" so it's pointed the "wrong way" lol!! 

Comments, Critiques, Constructive Criticism are always welcome  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

bearcatter

Two-toned and the tooling really look classy, Rick !
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

I love it, I just love it.
To just tool the one part is beautiful.

Now the coffee is going down good.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

KEN AR

Very nice!

I can't complain on mine.  The stitching sets off the grips I think. As always great work!
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: bearcatter on November-11-20 10:11
Two-toned and the tooling really look classy, Rick !
Thank you bearcatter! He really liked it too!  ;)
Quote from: uncle_lee on November-12-20 04:11
I love it, I just love it.
To just tool the one part is beautiful.

Now the coffee is going down good.
Uncle_Lee, thank you!  I'm glad you like it  :)
Quote from: KEN AZ on November-13-20 22:11
Very nice!

I can't complain on mine.  The stitching sets off the grips I think. As always great work!

Thank you ken,

Now that you have some time to shop.... you must be needing some new Holsters! lol!!

Stop by the shop! I have a bunch of new guns and goodies to show you!
Quote from: uncle_lee on November-14-20 07:11
That little setup is PERFECT.....
It might need some PINK stitching! lol!!

Thanks again Uncle_Lee!  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

jstert

hello rick, your driving holster looks great! my bond arms derringer is too heavy for its "bad" cross draw driving holster.  sags terribly and is unwearable when not seated.  does your driving holster ride tight enough to be comfortable when walking?  how is it sized:  by individual naa typeor by barrel length, frame size?  i've gotva bugout1 22lr cylinder on a magnum frame eith revision grips now and im looking at a black widow 22lr cylinder.  thanks!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: jstert on November-24-20 09:11
hello rick, your driving holster looks great! my bond arms derringer is too heavy for its "bad" cross draw driving holster.  sags terribly and is unwearable when not seated.  does your driving holster ride tight enough to be comfortable when walking?  how is it sized:  by individual naa typeor by barrel length, frame size?  i've gotva bugout1 22lr cylinder on a magnum frame eith revision grips now and im looking at a black widow 22lr cylinder.  thanks!
Hi jstert,

Thank you!

My Driving Holsters are made "Gun Specific".  They are made and molded to the model gun it was ordered for. A Holster for your Bug Out and one for your Black Widow will be 2 different Holsters.

When I first saw the Bond Driving Holster I thought it was such a great idea! then I saw one "in-person" and could see some "areas of improvement"  ;)  that could be done. Especially for how much they cost!

Those improvements are incorporated in all my Driving Holsters.  (Including the Bond Arms)
For the Bond Arms, even with the improvements to keep it from sliding down, the Driving Holster is best used while mainly seated.

The longer barrel Bond guns are so HEAVY that this style of Holster has its limitations so for the 3 1/2" and longer barrel I recommend "use while seated" works best. If you are going to Hike around with a Bond Arms pistol you should use a different style Holster.

My Driving Holsters for NAA's work well for walking around. I use one for my Pug and have one for my Black Widow. I'll put one on in the morning and not take it off until the evening with no trouble. The weight difference between the Bond and an NAA is a huge difference in overall performance.

I'll be happy to help you when you're ready!

Rick Jorgenson

grayelky

I realize I am a little late to this, but I like the offset colors in the leather, along with the pattern portion. I also like the red stitching with the recd CVang grips!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: grayelky on November-30-20 15:11
I realize I am a little late to this, but I like the offset colors in the leather, along with the pattern portion. I also like the red stitching with the recd CVang grips!
Never too late! It is a little different than how I usually build these so I thought it was "photo-worthy"  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

I could look at it everyday and enjoy it just as much as the first time I saw it.
God, Country, & Flag