32 ammo question

Started by Terry treefish, February-23-21 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry treefish

I just took delivery on 80 / 32 auto shells, after bidding on Gunbroker.com.
Here is my question:

75 of the bullets have a flat nose, and are imprinted:  32 auto WW

5 say:  32 auto R - P.   & are round nose

The 5 R-P are slightly longer. 

What does this all mean?  Is it safe to shoot both type bullets in a 32 acp semi auto like a NAA 32?  Or a Tomcat 32?

Bigbird48

Well if the casing are the same as they look to be I can't see any reason why you can't shoot them, but wait till see what others say

pietro

All are safe, and every gun should feed RN's from the magazine w/o any issues, but some guns have trouble feeding flat nosed ammo.

If you notice, those "flat nosed bullets" are not as flat as most flat nosed bullets, as the top edge is rounded, and not a true flat - probably to help with feeding.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Terry treefish

That's good news.  Thank you,  guys.

flash

Yep I have fired same or similar round nose FMJ's from my Guardian many times.

Fun fact: the Guardian is based on the LW Seecamp LWS-32, which was designed around the Winchester Silvertip (a 60 grain hollowpoint).  The magazine will not hold ball ammo as it has a spacer installed in the magazine to keep the shorter JHP rounds lined up.  Or at least that was true for the early ones; I am not sure about the newer ones.  But the Guardian has no such limitation.  In fact if you load shorter JHP or flat nose FMJ rounds in a Guardian 32 ACP, make sure to seat each round all the way back in the magazine so the round above cannot "rim lock" on it.  Happened to me once and it sucked.

Uncle_Lee

News flash!!!!!!!!

I want a pair of .32 acp Black Widows!!!!!!!
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Terry treefish

Quote from: uncle_lee on February-24-21 06:02
News flash!!!!!!!!

I want a pair of .32 acp Black Widows!!!!!!!

Awesome news!!!!😀🇺🇸