New Black Widow owner

Started by Terry treefish, January-13-21 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry treefish

Quote from: barrytheprof on January-16-21 02:01
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking, "Heat shrink tubing." Slip a piece of the tubing over the hammer and  heat it up with a hair dryer, it'll be a perfect fit. And you can slit it and remove it if you don't like it.

back to sleep . . .

The final solution:  Barry, I love your suggestion.  Underneath the tube  I wrapped the hammer with  a small strip of self adhesive sports wrap.  Absolutely perfect fit.  No slippage.  Thanks.

Barry, even though I liked your suggestion, I eventually had to remove the pretty red nipple.  Nothing to suck on now.  It interfered with the hammer moving all the way into the cocked position.  It worked in two cylinders, but became a problem on the 3rd.   But a tiny piece of gauze wrapped 2 turns worked wonders.   However, the red nipple works well on my Rough Rider.  Not really necessary on this gun, but I like it.

WyoShooter

Quote from: Terry treefish on January-20-21 07:01
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking, "Heat shrink tubing." Slip a piece of the tubing over the hammer and  heat it up with a hair dryer, it'll be a perfect fit. And you can slit it and remove it if you don't like it.

back to sleep . . .

The final solution:  Barry, I love your suggestion.  Underneath the tube  I wrapped the hammer with  a small strip of self adhesive sports wrap.  Absolutely perfect fit.  No slippage.  Thanks.

Kinda looks like a pacifier.  You could suck on it a bit before deciding whether or not to shoot the bad guy. ;D
Ed

Terry treefish

Quote from: WyoShooter on January-20-21 07:01
Quote from: Terry treefish on January-20-21 07:01

back to sleep . . .

Kinda looks like a pacifier.  You could suck on it a bit before deciding whether or not to shoot the bad guy. ;D

You know, me thinks you're on to something there.

barrytheprof

Glad to help. If I saw someone sucking on his gun I'd run like hell! He must be a crazy person.

Terry treefish

I kinda like the red nipple.  I like nipples.  Now, just saying, I may have a one- of-a-kind Black Widow.