Minimaster holsters? Shoulder or IWB?

Started by TruthTellers, February-02-21 02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

TruthTellers

I figure it's time to start looking for a holster for mine and there are two different ones (I don't think the ankle carry holster will work) that are available and it's the vertical shoulder holster and an IWB holster. I don't care much for the IWB holster, I'd rather it be an OWB holster given this is a trail gun for me, but the shoulder holster looks interesting.

Anybody got any personal experience carrying a Minimaster or any other NAA mini revolver with a 4 inch or longer barrel?

Further, has anyone ever owned or tried the shoulder holster?

josp

Sent you a PM

Rick_Jorgenson

I'm not sure an IWB Holster would be comfortable for hiking. JMHO  ;)

I have not had a customer that hikes use a shoulder rig.  Most, I have spoken to carry "Strong Side" or "Cross Draw" or in their pack.

But, I do have Hunters that use a "Chest Rig" especially if they are carrying a large revolver or semi-auto with a scope.

It keeps their belt sides clear for day packs by keeping the gun in front of them with an easy draw without dropping all their gear if needed in a hurry.

I posted a photo of a "Paddle Holster" for a Mini Master.  I don't believe it would work well for hiking but it is another option.
Rick Jorgenson

Boisesteve

Truth, I hike in the hills with a 4" NAA 22mag Earl. Super light, accurate, power enough to meet my needs.  Right side belt carry, on my trousers or day pack, owb.  The holster was custom-made by a local craftsman who is no longer in that business.  Rick Jorgensen on this forum makes excellent holsters for them.

TruthTellers

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on February-02-21 08:02
I'm not sure an IWB Holster would be comfortable for hiking. JMHO  ;)

I have not had a customer that hikes use a shoulder rig.  Most, I have spoken to carry "Strong Side" or "Cross Draw" or in their pack.

But, I do have Hunters that use a "Chest Rig" especially if they are carrying a large revolver or semi-auto with a scope.

It keeps their belt sides clear for day packs by keeping the gun in front of them with an easy draw without dropping all their gear if needed in a hurry.

I posted a photo of a "Paddle Holster" for a Mini Master.  I don't believe it would work well for hiking but it is another option.
What I listed is what NAA makes and sells, I didn't know there were custom options.

The shoulder holster is interesting to me because the NAA is so light that I can't imagine it would be as much of a pain or as uncomfortable as if it were a more normal gun.

grayelky

It has been a while, but the one NAA shoulder holster I tried on, was not made for full growled boys, like me. I am 6'1" and weighed a petite 255 at the time.

For my $.02 worth, I carry my MiniMaster in one of Rick's pancake style outside waistband holsters. It will be hard to find a better one.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"