American Derringer .25 ACP Model 2 Pen Gun

Started by m82a1pa, January-05-19 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

m82a1pa

Does anyone here have one of these?  No picture - I have a NOS one on the way.

I'm in need of a copy of the operating instructions.

Thanks

bearcatter

It seems the pen gun was marketed by American Derringer, and under a Stinger name. Both are the same except for markings. A Braverman company sold it, with a couple of slight differences in design.

If you Google it, there are several hits, and images. Here's one, pretty pricey?

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/62/1756/american-derringer-model-2-pen-pistol-with-case

I see two YouTubes about it.

I found these instructions for the .25 ACP, but not original:

http://pengun.com/25instructions.htm

Same site has an instruction sheet it says is for the .22 model, but the sheet itself doesn't specify caliber. Maybe it will be helpful.

http://pengun.com/Stinger_22_Manual.pdf
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

m82a1pa

Thanks for the info.

Pen guns went through a few businesses.

American Derringer was the first to sell them and only sold them from 1993-1994.

Braverman was part of them at that time.  He later formed R. J. Braverman Corp and sold them from 1995-1997.

Stinger Manufacturing Company (with the help of Braverman) made them from 2002-2004.

I'm not sure if any design changes happened through the various businesses.

I know there's the occasional, rare gold plated ones that show up.  They're really pretty!

I'll probably shoot this one at least once.  I can see where a .25 ACP round might be a tad painful out of one.

I downloaded the one pdf and will be curious how it compares to mine when I get it.

I did email American Derringer asking them if they had a copy of the document for the gun.  I got back a short 'No'.

pietro

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

bearcatter

American Derringer is a big question mark. There's been doubt if they are still in business. Their website is dated 2011, and their "latest" commemorative is "United We Stand" with part of proceeds going to 9-11 recovery. The grips feature "our current President and his home state of Texas". Their contact email is listed as being on AOL, but it actually worked ?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

billmeek

Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

heyjoe

I wish i had a Braverman 32 acp revolver.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

m82a1pa

Thanks - the video and pdf should get me going.  It's not going to replace any of my NAA's  ;D

Warthog

Good for you m82a1, I am not really wanting this one though I do like to get idd guns for my collection.

It looks cool so make sure you post a few pics for us so we can really check it out. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

top dog

Dumb question,is the Pen Gun listed as a NFA or "other type" firearm by the ATF???

Many years back,I had a Penguin tear gas pen gun that could be altered to fire a shot charge.  When ATF was formed,they basically pretty much outlawed it.

Pen guns of one form or another have been around for many years.

Top Dog

m82a1pa

No - It's sold and transferred as a non-NFA pistol.

m82a1pa

Some pictures from the auction:

billmeek

The American Derringer pen gun is considered a pistol by the ATF because it has to hinge into a pistol form to be fired. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

top dog

Thank you for the information. I thought that maybe it could be listed as "any other weapon" needing not a $200. tax stamp but a $5.00 tax stamp.

I would like to see how one does on the range.

Top Dog

autofull

yep, i have two, both in 22lr. they came with a nylon belt holder. when i had my shop dealer price was 88 dollars. i have seen what they try to sell them for now. wow. fun to shoot, long time to reload. shoot n scoot pistol.

pietro

Here we are, 2 years later - and a friend's widow called me today wondering about the value of her used/as-new with box/papers & belt sheath.

Today, the are actually selling for $1K + ! ! ! 

An identical .22 pen gun is currently selling on GB, with 3 bids so far, at no reserve - It's @ $975 now, with a few more days until the auction ends.

Two of the large/national brick & mortar auctioneers have sold theirs for over $2500 

My friend (and I) remain stunned.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent