Got my first NAA - BW in 22 mag.

Started by Fat Goat Forge, November-06-12 20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Goat Forge

Took it too the range. Very accurate for such a little gun. I was able to keep all shots on paper plate at 10 yards. Used CCI maxi mags 40g. The kick and noise took a bit to get used too but once acclimated I had a lot of fun shooting the little thing. Got a few boxes of the Hornady Critical Defense 45g on order and looking forward to playing with them.  Been carrying it and its fun to have as a carry piece and small enough to always have on me.

I might have to get a few more of the minis.  The BW is for carry my next one will be to maximize fun value. So what would you all suggest to get for a fun plinking mini? I'm thinking 22lr to keep ammo cost down.

George in maine.

millsriver

Congrats on your first NAA. You will want more. I have a BW and recently sent it back to NAA to get a .22lr cylinder. Cheaper than buying a new pistol and good to practice with the same firearm, just cheaper rounds. You might want to look into that option. Although, you will end up buying some more NAA's anyway.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

bleak_window

If it's not for carry, the longer barrel models will offer more practical accuracy, and would probably get used more than the tiny LR or Short minis.

bud

I had the little decal sticker on the grip of my B.W. come off, and I can't find it to put it back on. Anybody else have theirs come off?

bleak_window

Mine is still on there after a lot of use.  I guess you could create your own design and glue it on there.  One BW owner took his rubber grips and sanded them down so they were thinner and fit his hand better.  Or maybe the hourglass logo will turn up in the dryer.

tocsn40

Mine to feel off. I called jesica frome NAA and they sent me a replacment thats what i would do
Tocsn40

bud

Tocsn40,

I called NAA and they said they would send me one. :)

magnum_mike

Quote from: Fat Goat Forge on November-06-12 20:11
I might have to get a few more of the minis.  The BW is for carry my next one will be to maximize fun value. So what would you all suggest to get for a fun plinking mini? I'm thinking 22lr to keep ammo cost down.

George in maine.

Get one of the longer barreled models like the Mini Master, an Earl or the Hogleg. The models with good sights make the minis easier to aim and they all have nice grips. 22 long rifle will make plinking sessions much more fun. I would also recommend, as mentioned above, to have your BW fitted with a long rifle cylinder. You'll like the inexpensive practice. ;)
mike
----------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

John 3:3

Fat Goat Forge

Get one of the longer barreled models like the Mini Master, an Earl or the Hogleg. The models with good sights make the minis easier to aim and they all have nice grips. 22 long rifle will make plinking sessions much more fun. I would also recommend, as mentioned above, to have your BW fitted with a long rifle cylinder. You'll like the inexpensive practice. ;)
[/quote]

A hogleg sounds really fun.  Will the sidewinder be offered in various barrel lengths?

George

magnum_mike

Quote from: Fat Goat Forge on November-09-12 04:11
Will the sidewinder be offered in various barrel lengths?

George

We can only hope! I'd like nothing more than for NAA to outfit their entire line up with the new swing out cylinder. To me, it would be reason enuff to buy a whole bunch more!
mike
----------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

John 3:3

JJ22

I love plinking with my 1 5/8 combo. I carry with the mag cylender in, full of Hornady Critical Defense. To stay fresh with the 22wmr I shoot 15-25 rounds. Then I bring out the 22lr for another 50-100 rounds.

For me 22lr is much more enjoyable to shoot, but I feel more comfortable carring the magnum round. It is really a best of both worlds combo.

Minitex

You guys need to buy more minis. Pug mag in right front pocket, 22lr left front pocket, short on chain around neck. Covered all the way around.  ;D

grayelky

Quote from: JJ22 on November-19-12 14:11
...To stay fresh with the 22wmr I shoot 15-25 rounds. Then I bring out the 22lr for another 50-100 rounds...
Food for thought:
If you start with the LR, you will get "warmed up" for cheap. If you finish with the mag rounds, your brain will think it has practiced much more than just 15-20 rounds with the mag. Plus, the last shots you fire will be defense ammo, which will be the next shots you fire should "it" hit the fan.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

pioneer

Let us know how the Hornady CD works for you.  Some of us have had problems with misfires with it when it first hit the market. 
Retired police detective
US Navy Veteran
Life Member NRA / SAF
United States Constitution c. 1791, all rights reserved.