Bond Arms barrel- suggestions

Started by postalman, March-07-22 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

postalman

I am looking for the next BA barrel for my Roughneck. I currently have a 9mm and a 45 LC/410 in my meager collection. I?ve narrowed my search down to 45 ACP, 40 S&W, and 357/38, due in large part on available ammo. I don?t want the gun to be a paperweight and dust collector because it is a worthy backup piece. I am carrying it now with 410 #8 shot, not at all what I want but all I can find. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

top dog

Postalman,
I would go with the 38/357 with the length being your choice.

Except for snakes and vermin,the #8 shot is not a really good choice.

I hope you can locate some 000 buck or Hornady Critical Defense as well as other viable choices.

I have 9 different bbls for my Texas Defender.  One heck of a fine piece and the company customer service is SUPERB.

Maybe you should call them and see if they know of any ammo sources for you????

Top Dog

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Postalman on March-07-22 10:03
I am looking for the next BA barrel for my Roughneck. I currently have a 9mm and a 45 LC/410 in my meager collection. I?ve narrowed my search down to 45 ACP, 40 S&W, and 357/38, due in large part on available ammo. I don?t want the gun to be a paperweight and dust collector because it is a worthy backup piece. I am carrying it now with 410 #8 shot, not at all what I want but all I can find. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Check here:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Gun-Parts/search?Keywords=bond%20arms%20barrel&Exclude=grip%20grips&Sort=13&PageSize=48

Check every day or so.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

If I were to ever own a Bond (which I doubt), I'd want 38 and 22 barrels. The 38 because that's the largest caliber I'd care to shoot in one, and I already have some ammo! The .22 for cheap practice and fun, ditto on ammo. I'd prefer a 3 inch barrel.

On their website I can't get but four guns and a half dozen barrels to come up. If I search for ".22" or ".22 Barrel" I get no results.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

top dog

Bearcatter,
With the Bond Derringers,the recoil is mostly directed into the palm of your hand and not the web.

Even when I fire the 410   3 inch loads the recoil is not really that bad. You know that something "occured" but it is not at all substantial.

If you want a real "treat",fire a Thompson Contender in 444 Marlin with a 6 inch bbl. You will know that the bull pooped in the buckwheat for sure!!!

Top Dog