Product for unloading/speed loader for NAA's

Started by jjccamis, November-09-12 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic

jjccamis

I was just browsing NAA items on Ebay.  Came across an unloader/speed loader while there.  Not going to post the link as I might get accused of spamming.  I'd like some opinions from some members.
Not here for a long time, here for a good time!

soldierboy

Yah, I saw that.  Looks pretty weird, IMHO, with those long pins sticking out.  And kinda pricey too.

I do like the idea of a speed-loader, especially for range use.  In serious situations, not certain how useful one would be, for this little gun.  Have carried speedloaders for my J-frame S&W's (5 shots), though happily never had to use one when the chips were down.

I would probably bite for a NAA speedloader, but not certain about this one.  Would really like to hear from anybody on the board who has used one of these!
Cheers,
the (old) soldierboy

RogueTS1

Looks intersting but seems a little bulky. I would just stick with the speed strips.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Doc-in-AZ

How dat gonna work on my new Super Companion?

(Boy am I having fun reducing telephone books to near confetti with that little piece of 19th century technology.)

Uncle_Lee

That OK.
Post a link.
That ain't spamming.
Show it to us.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

jjccamis

Uncle Lee,
  It's an uncopyable link.  You have to go to Ebay and click on the link.  It's on Ebay under North American Arms.

n9znd

I made my own Spped loaders and empty case ejector and the work great and are fun.   Jim

tocsn40

N9. I see you have cut some bullets off. How do you like them. Is it worth doing.
Tocsn40

jjccamis

Roguets,

I think your assessment about being a bit bulky is true.  If the idea is to load more efficently in a dangerous situation, might as well carry an extra loaded cylinder.  Might be a worthwhile item at the range, though.

cedarview kid

Here is the eBay link, but it ends in 15 minutes. Doesn't seem unreasonable for machines aluminum. Auction ends soon, but they'll probably repost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170934456099?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

boone123

Dinadan

I agree that for a mini an extra cylinder is better to carry than a loader. Since you have to remove the cylinder anyway another cylinder would be faster than any speed loader. I would be interested in trying loaders at the range, but it seems that since the loaders would have to be loaded, ultimately they would cost time.

Uncle_Lee

Mohawker,
Some folks want one thing some folks want another. I am sure that some things that you think are neat, other folks think it is stupid.
If you have no desire for a speed loader then be happy and don't get one.
Other folks might want one and aren't going to stop because you say to stop..
God, Country, & Flag

Uncle_Lee

You got your rating raised.
Time to take a break.
God, Country, & Flag

tocsn40

Uncl lee i wanted to say that
(your rating is higher now so you can take a break) started to think that this is mohawker land
Tocsn40

boone123

Limited postings?
Did I miss somthing?
Seniority?
NAA sanctioned?

n9znd

Tocs,

When I had a short, I cut a few LR off to check it out.   It was cool.  It would cut a round cookie cutter hole in the paper.  The Bullets end up being pretty light,  Maybe 15 Grains but the would sure Zip fast.  Worth it?  Maybe not but cool. 

I do have alot of fun with my speed loaders though.  It speed things up alot.     Jim

jjccamis

N9, what are your speed loaders made of?

agrizzlyman

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I kind of like the "ritual" of poking out the shells and reloading one at a time at the range. It slows you down and gives you a chance to think about your last group and what you did right or wrong. The idea of reloading in a self defense situation with or without a speedloader with this gun is pretty rediculous in my opinion.
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

RogueTS1

I think they are a neat idea. Just when I think of speed loaders I think of speed loading out in the field; hence my note of them being a bit bulky. For coolness and convenience I think they are well done.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Kevin

I don't think a speed loader for previous mini-revolver designs is practical, but I think you can make a bit of a case with the Ranger, and now the Sidewinder, where you can open the cylinder and eject all the empties quickly. Due to the small size of the guns, if you can't carry a larger gun due to clothing considerations, I still think a "New York" reload (carrying a second gun) would be a better bet due to the degradation of fine motor skills under the stress of a gun fight. It would be quicker to pull a second mini-revolver out than to reload an empty one.

My Mini does warm up pretty quick while I'm shooting at the range. The unloader would be handy for removing the empty cases quickly.

n9znd

The Speed loaders are made out of a mouse pad.  Made the holes with a regular paper hole punch.   the way they are used is lay them on the table and put cylinder over top of ammo and peel away.   They work great.      Jim