Dark Sun Clip Grip

Started by Darksunclipgrip.com, December-03-21 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Darksunclipgrip.com

Good evening.

I am a new forum member darksunclipgrip.com (obviously). I am also the current wholesaler/retailer for the Dark Sun Clip Grip as invented and produced by Dark Sun LLc back in the early 2000's. The owner of Dark Sun LLc Rod Hodge passed back in 2014 and the clip grip had passed into history for a few years. In 2016 or 17, I was given the opportunity to purchase the entire stock of clip grips.

I presume this is the proper place on the forum to begin to re-introduce our product. I see in using google (and the search fields here) that there is a few topics on here referencing the Dark Sun Clip Grip. They seem to be pretty old and I would like to renew interest in the product if I may.

The Dark Sun Clip Grip is a simple add on for any NAA .22 WMR E series revolver. (does not fit .22lr or .22 short frames)

It attaches to the frame of your NAA e series .22 WMR revolver using one screw.

It comes in four variations at the present

G10

Micarta

Rosewood

Ebony (rustic wood)

We have quotes and samples out for three colors of Duracoat as well (solid colors) Blackhawk Tan, OD Green, and Jean Blue. We expect them to be ready in early 2022 probably late January.

We began selling on Ebay a few years ago and we have had a good showing thus far. Our sales have progressed to where I would rather pay for a website than continue to pay Ebay a share for every grip we sell on there.

We now have a website.darksunclipgrip.com we have linked a company email address to this account and we will answer your questions. We would like to produce a group naaminis.com limited edition engraving for about 50-100 units in spring 2022 if there is any interest.

I was having trouble with the pic. There are a few pics up on our website until I can figure this image posting thing out.

darksunclipgrip.com
"The only grip your NAA .22wmr revolver will ever need"

Everything ships free through Valentines day 02/14/2022

OLD and GRUMPY

Warning ! I may be wrong but I got two posts selling grips on the first post.   Does not smell right.   
Death before Decaf !!!!!

bearcatter

Not to be rude, but joining just to get free advertising is somewhat frowned upon here. Especially with a first post.

Do you own a North American Arms firearm? Is your product intended for NAA guns?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

The clip is on the right side of the cylinder and that is the side I take the cylinder out of. DUH???
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

OLD and GRUMPY

They may be ok but 2 different first time posters both selling grips on the same day?  Remember we were swamped from Africa ?   Watch for more odd posts and do not click.  Web Master-- heads up.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Darksunclipgrip.com

Well it is nice to see the same names that came up in those older posts. I appreciate the enthusiasm for discussion.

Wel lets see that is quite a lot of negatives to have to respond to but i will try.

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-06-21 06:12
The clip is on the right side of the cylinder and that is the side I take the cylinder out of. DUH???

Am I to understand you have not removed the cylinder from the left before on an E-series frame gun? If you have had difficulty with removing it from the left is there another device such as a laser or something obstructing it? I have not encountered any mechanical function issues with the revolvers I have when removing the cylinder from the left. Do you have the sidewinder swing out cylinder model? If so then it may have been note worthy in mentioning your problem with the product.

Quote from: bearcatter on December-05-21 18:12
Not to be rude, but joining just to get free advertising is somewhat frowned upon here. Especially with a first post.

Do you own a North American Arms firearm? Is your product intended for NAA guns?

I would agree and back up your statement by arguing that it is probably a universal forum truth. I did not consider it rude at all.

I do own 2 E-series guns that I have owned since the day I was shown the Dark Sun Clip Grip. Literally. They are used in all my pictures and they have gone pretty much everywhere a gun can go since I have owned them.

The Dark Sun Clip Grip is in fact designed only for NAA .22wmr E-series guns. I believe in it like the hair club for men guy believes in his product.

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on December-05-21 18:12
Warning ! I may be wrong but I got two posts selling grips on the first post.   Does not smell right.   

Unfortunately I do not do forums very much. So i do not know enough lingo to interpret that adequately.

However, I think it may have been some kind of bot warning or something based on the verification process and the long discussions I had seen in the FAQ about how that came about. I assure you I am not a BOT but that is probably what a BOT would say, so I understand if I must give the proverbial 15 posts of my CYBER BLOOD.

To all,

I love my NAA minis. I actually believe in the product I sell too. When I search the product I encounter people that did not like the owners, people that have not used the product, or people that do not understand the product. I can tell you when they had the grips made they had 6000 total made of the four base types. When I bought them we estimated the remainder to be about 4500-5000. That is a lot of grips sold over the years they had them. When I search the name as listed on the box I find very little actual complaints by users of the product. That indicates to me product satisfaction is high. I cant dedicate any time this morning to lerning how toto post images, and I hate to plug the site or my Youtube channel after the first posts replies.
I will await approval from the members present as to my intent, prescence and wether or not I shall remain a member on the board.

My closing questions,

Can I play with you guys or not? You have an amount of experience and exposure with NAA minis that I can not get with only two of the exact same revolvers. I obviously have a financial motive that does underlie all that has led me to this discussion. The intent of the group buy listed in the first post was to determine if I should put money into the engraver. Right now they will have to go to someone else when a customer request laser engraving or etching.

5_shooter

I get my grips from NAA or Spresser. I'll pass. Better to stay with the best.

Uncle_Lee

I get mine from CVang.
I ordered 3 more sets Saturday.
I have tried a BUNCH of different types and I like those the best.
But to each his own. I won't cut down anyone's choice.
God, Country, & Flag

5_shooter

I've heard good things about the CVang grips. Might have to try a set.

bearcatter

I didn't dare click on his link, and I didn't notice the mention of NAA grip under his avatar. Can't tell what that is, either.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Darksunclipgrip.com

So it appears I am on my 15th post if the moderators do them in order of receipt. I look forward to continuing the conversations I attempted to start.

Quote from: bearcatter on December-06-21 10:12
I didn't dare click on his link, and I didn't notice the mention of NAA grip under his avatar. Can't tell what that is, either.

Bearcatter. I am or will shortly be off of probation. I am curious now that I will be off of probation will you still " not dare to click the link"?

I present to you a choice. Don't click the link, and you wake up really early tomorrow looking for someone to talk to on the forums. Click the link, and you can help me on a Journey that can revolutionize mankind as we know it, or at a minimum, you will have seen my website and been pleasantly surprised it is in english and not sponsored by Hunter Bidens russian friends.

Uncle_Lee

They DO sell the belt clip for the Kel-Tec P-32.
God, Country, & Flag

Canoeal

Quote from: 5_shooter on December-06-21 08:12

I make my own...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

bearcatter

Quote from: Darksunclipgrip.com on December-08-21 16:12
Bearcatter. I am or will shortly be off of probation. I am curious now that I will be off of probation will you still " not dare to click the link"?.

It was nothing personal. We have had sufficient problems with scammers, just from clicking a link. We are wary of anyone starting out with any kind of link in their first post. FWIW, I don't own any NAA revolvers, just their Guardian pistols.

Darksunclipgrip.com

Bearcatter Its all good. I get ya I am curious if the turkish gentleman that posted that day is still about?. I wasn't offended I just wanted to get some back and forth going so yall can see my inflections and determine I am not Dolph Lundgren come to take over the forum and steal all the email address or something. I think I spelled Lundgren right.

Quote from: Canoeal on December-09-21 13:12
Quote from: 5_shooter on December-06-21 08:12

I make my own...

Nice! Do you do any side work? I need to develop a grip for the 22lr under our pattern. Shoot me an email or a PM if you have some time on your hands and would like to see your work in production. I am not good at drawing but im sure i could mark something up for a guide.

Uncle LEE thanks for having the courage to check my link out. You must have gone in deep to have found the keltec belt clip. Thats way down the list. Check out the youtube channel there is a funny video about the argument for the NAA revolver based on its existence im trying out. All 4 of my EDC guns have some kind of clip on it. I absolutely love the concept.

Check out my WTB WTT lists. (edited to show list)

I AM LOOKING TO TRADE MY DARK SUN CLIP GRIP FOR ANY WORKING USED NAA FACTORY GRIPS THAT HAVE ALL THE PIECES WITH THEM SO I CAN DO COMPARISON VIDEOS FOR THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL. UOU CAN PM ME OR SHOOT ME AN EMAIL.

Look forward to having some good discussions, and getting along well with some guys who also love their minis.

Lee
Darksunclipgrip.com

Canoeal

No, I make them because I can and I like to experiment. Not in it for production.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Uncle_Lee

I have been wanting a Kel-Tec P-32 for awhile. If I get one, I now know where to get the clip.
The clips on the minis would not work for me. I have fat that hangs over my belt.  :'(
God, Country, & Flag

OLD and GRUMPY

Dark Sun-- I apologize for all this. When I got 2 first time posts on the same day both selling stuff and one was from Turkey the red flags went up.  (look at my name). Thank you for sticking with us. Welcome.  I like the look of your stuff.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Darksunclipgrip.com

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on December-10-21 08:12
Dark Sun-- I apologize for all this. When I got 2 first time posts on the same day both selling stuff and one was from Turkey the red flags went up.  (look at my name). Thank you for sticking with us. Welcome.  I like the look of your stuff.

:D Its all good my new found friend your old and grumpy. I looked around on the forum and read 100 or so of the old posts , while my feet tapped under the desk impatiently and I ran through some pictures I have been trying to get up on the website. I did discover in my readings, that all you guys that were concerned did so out of compassion for the condition of your fellow humans. Not wanting anyone to suffer the experience others had suffered through during the previous attacks of spam and other things. really guys Its all good.

Bearcatter did you go to my website yet? ;D I even dug through my used mags and found an old naa guardian mag that I loaded on the website to entice you with like a piece of candy. ;D

And if you use the 25% off christmas code it works out real good price wise. ;)

Ive been busy today sorry i havent checked email or pm's if anyone had a 22mag grip they want to swap for one of my clip grips. I dont care what they look like either as long as they still function to demonstrate in video.

Lee
darksunclipgrip.com

bearcatter

Thanks for the offer, but I already have six spare mags for my Guardian 32s. All have the flat base, the pinky extensions don't work for me. Counting the two mags in the guns, and two up the pipe, I can have fifty rounds ready to go. Take that, bad guys !