Smith & Wesson Model 327 TRR8 Tooled Pancake Holster

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, March-08-22 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

A Client brought in a new S&W Performance Center Model 327 TRR8.

The Finish is Matte Black, chambered for .357 Magnum and carries 8 rounds

He wanted a Holster with smooth leather lining and the outside to have some tooling. 

The Black Leather main Holster body to match the black gun and the Retention Panel on the front is Mahogany

Hand Tooled front is a pattern we call "Fish Scale" (we just made that up, there is no name for it we know of  ;) ;)) The "Fish Scale" pattern is fairly new to me. I purchased the tools for it 2 or 3 years ago while at a Leather Workers Trade show. One of the vendors (Barry King) that I have known and bought tools from for 30 years, showed me some samples of it so I bought the tools (of course I did, I'm a tool fanatic  :o)

https://www.barrykingtools.com/geometrics.htm

It has a different look than other geometric patterns that are common on gun gear and it takes a little extra time to lay out, tool in sequence, keep straight, and not have the pattern look like "Mushed Leather"  ::)

I think this is the first time I've posted the Fish Scale pattern. I wanted to share a little of the history that I have with it so it's a little different than just sharing a Holster.  ;)

Questions, Comments, Constructive Criticism are always welcome!  Thanks for looking!

Rick

Rick Jorgenson

postalman

Another example of fine craftsmanship. The mahogany really goes well with the black.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

Uncle_Lee

Beautiful, but it is afternoon and I don't have coffee.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Postalman on March-08-22 08:03
Another example of fine craftsmanship. The mahogany really goes well with the black.
Thank you Postalman!
Quote from: uncle_lee on March-08-22 13:03
Beautiful, but it is afternoon and I don't have coffee.
Once in a while I brew up an afternoon pot of coffee, it helps me push through the afternoon  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

KEN AR

Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Uncle_Lee

I came back with coffee.
Beauty sure does make the coffee taste better.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Terry treefish

Rick, a fine example of pushing excellence to the limit.  Nice, real nice. (I.e. Gomer, Andy Griffith)

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: KEN AZ on March-09-22 18:03
Only comment is beautiful work!
Thanks Ken!
Quote from: uncle_lee on March-10-22 04:03
I came back with coffee.
Beauty sure does make the coffee taste better.
Its a good day, when you wake up to Coffee and Gun Leather   ;)
Quote from: Terry treefish on March-10-22 06:03
Rick, a fine example of pushing excellence to the limit.  Nice, real nice. (I.e. Gomer, Andy Griffith)
Well Gall-lee, Shazam! Thanks Terry  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

Texduk3

"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Rick_Jorgenson

Rick Jorgenson