Guardian 32 holster, last chance heads-up

Started by bearcatter, July-05-22 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

For the hundreds of Guardian 32 owners here...LOL....NAA has these on sale. Made by Mitch Rosen, OWB design. I've emailed with Sue Sheetz in NAA CS, and these are the last ones. Rosen stopped making them around two years ago. The RH version hasn't been listed on NAA for over a year, and someone recently found one box of them. I don't know how many there are, right or left. There won't be any more of either. So if you want one, now or never. I've bought two.

The right hand version
https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/guardians/hss-32mrb/

And the left hand version
https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/guardians/hss-32mrb-lh/

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

heyjoe

It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Rick_Jorgenson

I don't care for that style myself.

Too much movement of the gun/holster on the users belt and, can easily get caught on edges of benches, cars, fences, or anything you walk past.

If that is the type of metal clip that has the extra little metal tab on the bottom beware, That metal tab is sharp and will scratch the bejeebers out of your belt!

YMMV
Rick Jorgenson

bearcatter

I didn't want to offend anyone by buying the Rosen. My DGL is still numero uno!

I 've had another holster with that tab, doesn't seem to matter using a belt that doesn't fill the clip. This clip is 1 3/4, my usual belt is 1 1/2. If it does bother me I've got a small smooth faced plier that will will squash it down. It only has to squish about 1/16th.

I've only found three OWBs that fit the Guardian 32. Two are discontinued, the Rosen and a DeSantis pancake. That leaves Allen nylon. All the makers of mass produced holsters think pocket pistols are only carried in a pocket or IWB. I like OWB under a jacket or at the range.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: bearcatter on July-08-22 17:07
I didn't want to offend anyone by buying the Rosen. My DGL is still numero uno!

I 've had another holster with that tab, doesn't seem to matter using a belt that doesn't fill the clip. This clip is 1 3/4, my usual belt is 1 1/2. If it does bother me I've got a small smooth faced plier that will will squash it down. It only has to squish about 1/16th.

I've only found three OWBs that fit the Guardian 32. Two are discontinued, the Rosen and a DeSantis pancake. That leaves Allen nylon. All the makers of mass produced holsters think pocket pistols are only carried in a pocket or IWB. I like OWB under a jacket or at the range.
Thank you bearcatter! I do appreciate your support!

I'm never offended from people buying another Makers gear!

Myself and my gear are kind of an "acquired taste"    ;)   There is always something out there for everyone!

There are lots of people making NAA Holsters now. Some are really good  :) Others... not so much. It's not up to me to decide what someone likes or dislikes as everyones needs/tastes/budget are all different.  I only control my little corner of the leather world  8)

The good part is having a wide price range so there is a Holster available for all levels. JMHO
Rick Jorgenson

bearcatter

I'm like a lot of people who seem to have a drawer full of holsters, except mine are in 50 cal ammo cans. I have several style holsters for each gun. For the Guardians, I have six!  Bearcat 3, SP and Zastava 2 each.
Speaking of metal clips, I have the DeSantis/NAA "Cell phone" holster. The metal clip didn't have room for any thicker than a dress belt. I broke the clip to get it out, and worked a narrower clip into place. Now my Carhartt belts can slide through.

I've noticed the Rosens, being small I guess, have a million fine wrinkles where they have to flex. The base of the thumb tab and most of the strap. My larger holsters do it to a lesser extent. Even the DGL!