grayelky

Unc_lee-
I think so. I?ll check tomorrow.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Uncle_Lee

It was humor. (really sad humor)
I am selling some once in a while.

The only ones that I am/might buy right now would be something that I have wanted all my life but never got around to getting one.
Like the Mauser 1910 that I just bought.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-21-22 06:07

The only ones that I am/might buy right now would be something that I have wanted all my life but never got around to getting one.
Like the Mauser 1910 that I just bought.

Do you keep a wish list? We would enjoy knowing your picks.

Regards consecutive serials, I read an amazing story years ago. Guy had a nice old Colt .38 for years. One day he noticed another nice one at an LGS. I don't remember how he knew, but it was consecutive with his Colt. He didn't even live in the same state where he got the first one. If the story was true, that is wild.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

grayelky

Want a wild one? This is not consecutive, but, the last 5 are the same. I bought a Ruger Standard model 22 pistol. No big deal. Serial number 77XXX. Several years later, I bought a Ruger Mini 14. When I entered the serial number in my records, it just stuck with my that something was not right. Several months later, I was entering a new purchase and noticed the same numbers. I went through 3 pages before I found it. The Mini 14 had the last five digits the same. It?s serial number is 181-77XXX. For me, the amazing part is, I was getting the rifle for a friend. Something just hit me that I did not have a Mini 14, and always wanted one. Against better judgement, I bought 2.

uncle_lee-
I, too, would be curious about your wish list. I am sure it would be interesting reading.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

tinhorn

Months ago I bought a 3" Earl from a dealer on Gunbroker. Because I had to send it back to NAA twice for repairs, the serial number was burned into my brain. A couple weeks ago I couldn't resist the low price of another 3" Earl, this time from a private party on GB. As I was examining it at the FFL, I made a remark about the SN. The dealer checked his computer and, yup, my "new" Earl was only two digits off from the previous one. Now I just have to find the one in the middle!

bearcatter

It's probably in a shoebox somewhere..... ;)
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: tinhorn on July-21-22 15:07
Months ago I bought a 3" Earl from a dealer on Gunbroker. Because I had to send it back to NAA twice for repairs, the serial number was burned into my brain. A couple weeks ago I couldn't resist the low price of another 3" Earl, this time from a private party on GB. As I was examining it at the FFL, I made a remark about the SN. The dealer checked his computer and, yup, my "new" Earl was only two digits off from the previous one. Now I just have to find the one in the middle!

What number are you missing?
God, Country, & Flag

tinhorn

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag