New Beretta 92X Performance

Started by billt460, July-15-22 02:07

Previous topic - Next topic

billt460

I bought this one a few weeks ago. I had a hell of a time finding one. It's a beautiful pistol, and my favorite of all my Beretta's. The new grips finally arrived yesterday all the way from Turkey, via DHL and the Post Office. It was a bit of a job getting them on. I had to hand fit all 3 areas around the mag release, safety, and the slide release. As well as slightly enlarge the holes for the grip bushings.

Both grip panels were CNC machined to fit around these areas, but they were both cut a bit on the small side. While it made installing them more of a job, I was glad they left a bit of fitting stock. The flip side would have been to have cut them oversize, then have a sloppy fit. I used riffler files, took my time, and finally achieved a perfect fit on both sides.

So while it was a PITA, and took a couple of hours of fitting and checking, I ended up with a nice perfect fit on both panels. The Stainless Steel, gold TIN coated, Torx Head grip screws were something else I added. They turned out to be a perfect length, and the ends didn't protrude into the mag well. They fit the counterbores in the grips perfectly. They accent the gold Beretta crest and lettering nicely.

So overall I'm happy with them. They look a lot nicer than the cheap, stock black plastic panels. (The bottom photo shows the gun as it came from the case with the factory plastic grips, and the 15 round magazine). The mag shown with the new grips is a 20 round Mec-Gar.

Hopefully after the holiday is over with next week, I'll get this thing out to the range, and see how well it runs. I'm going to take a bunch of different 9 MM ammo with. This will be the first time I'll use the local indoor range here. (It's too hot this time of year to shoot outside for any length of time).

Uncle_Lee

That is one stands out, Bar-B-Q 92.
That one, I would just set and look at it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

pietro

I like it too - the straight backstrap is my druthers in a full-size CF autoloader (much more comfortable for me - YMMV)
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

RogueTS1

We like it too Bilt460.  A good Beretta is hard to beat. 8)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

bearcatter

Do I remember correctly that there is somewhere you can get all the controls in gold plate?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

billt460

Quote from: bearcatter on July-15-22 11:07Do I remember correctly that there is somewhere you can get all the controls in gold plate?

There might be an aftermarket company that sells them, I'm not sure. But I do know that Girsan makes a Beretta 92 clone called the Regard, that has gold appointments. Or at least made them a while back. Here is a video of one being unboxed to horrible music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xqRT7Q-Zk

Rick_Jorgenson

Wow, that is a really nice looking gun!

Give a "Range Report" after you shoot it for us!
Rick Jorgenson

billt460

Will do. It's really hot here this time of year. So I most likely won't be getting to the range until it cools off a bit. But I am anxious to light it up!

MR_22

Dang that's a nice lookin' gun! I love my Berettas, but I don't have a 92. I used to have a nice 96 (.40S&W), but sold it in a moment of weakness. I have 4 Cougars, though, two 8040 minis (.40S&W) and two 8045's (.45acp), plus and old 101 .22LR and 71 .22LR (great host for a suppressor). Oh, and a 950 Minx in .22 short.

Anyway, congrats on that. That is one sweet piece. I love the F-configuration for my Berettas.

bearcatter

Now you need the .22 version, if you don't already have it! M9A1-22, I think?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

billt460

In Beretta .22's, I've got a model 87 Target, and a 87 Cheetah in .22 L.R. Both nice shooting guns.

bearcatter

If they weren't so pricey, I'd like to have a pair of Beretta 70S, the S is steel frame, no S aluminum. They came in .32 and .22. One for carry, one for practice. Looked identical.
Main reason I wish NAA made a .22 Guardian. Nothing close to my .32 in .22 for practice.... :(

heyjoe

Quote from: bearcatter on July-18-22 16:07
If they weren't so pricey, I'd like to have a pair of Beretta 70S, the S is steel frame, no S aluminum. They came in .32 and .22. One for carry, one for practice. Looked identical.
Main reason I wish NAA made a .22 Guardian. Nothing close to my .32 in .22 for practice.... :(

you can't take it with you.enjoy your life now.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

bearcatter

I'm confident NAA will have a Guardian .22, sometime this century.... :(

RogueTS1

QuoteI'd like to have a pair of Beretta 70S

You mean like this one Bearcatter?  8)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

bearcatter

That's a nice one, looks good! Got some classics behind it, too. Shakespeare and Dracula, what a mix!

RogueTS1

Thank you Bearcatter .............. we do have somewhat of a quite extensive Library.  :)

bearcatter

I just don't do fiction. Most of my books are about the old jazz and Big Band musicians, pre-WW2 aircraft, or a very few gun books. Maybe 50 total.

RogueTS1

Quoteold jazz and Big Band musicians, pre-WW2 aircraft, or a very few gun books

We have more than a few on each of those subjects as well in the stacks.  8)