New Bond Arms "Stinger"

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, July-20-22 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

Has anyone handled the new Bond Arms "Stinger"?

They are available in 9mm and .380acp   They're reported to be 1/2 the width of the original Bond Arms. You have the choice of Stainless Steel Frame or Aluminum Frame
Ref; https://www.bondarms.com/Stinger-P8525.aspx

You know I'm not a fan of Bond Arms  ;) but, if someone insist's on carrying one I'll build a Holster for them! lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

bearcatter

A 12 oz Bond, 16 in stainless. That's more like it !
One point of note is that other caliber barrels for them are not available yet. "....it seems likely that caliber-conversion barrels will be available at some point in the future." Some people will wait until that happens.
A .22 Stinger RS (stainless frame) might be fun.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

bill_deshivs

It's about the same size, width, and weight as an 8-shot Keltec PF9 auto.
I can understand the allure of the double derringer, but they are not a good choice for carry.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: bill_deshivs on July-20-22 11:07
It's about the same size, width, and weight as an 8-shot Keltec PF9 auto.
I can understand the allure of the double derringer, but they are not a good choice for carry.
I'm not a fan of the Bond Arm's either. Sure, you get a little protection (2 shots) I'm thinking it's the "collectability" and multiple caliber options that people like (they weigh a lot for only 2 shots!) lol!!

There are 4 used PF4's for sale on Gunbroker

There are no new ones available, they have been discontinued per the manufacturer...

https://www.keltecweapons.com/discontinued/
Rick Jorgenson

5_shooter

I have a Bond arms in 2.5 inch 410. No other caliber makes sense to me in a 2 shot derringer. I like mine, but it's a handfull. The only other barrel I would consider is a 3" 410. Good anti carjacking gun. Also good for squirrels and such.

postalman

I may look once they get more barrel choices. For now, I?ll just go with my Roughneck 410/ 45.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

Rick_Jorgenson

I've looked for the Stainless Model, they don't seem to be out in the wild yet.

At $279 it could be used as a Dummy Gun to build some Holsters with  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

Rex T. Dog

When we were looking for small we looked at the Bonds, but the size and weight for 2 shots just didn't make sense, but this 'stinger' might be okay...I also agree that .410 might be the ideal load for the Bonds, triple buck is pretty good horsepower...of course, I have my eye on a .25 jetfire at the moment...

Wumbey Goomba

I need a second

bearcatter

Like if a .45 fan criticizes your mini, just tell them two shots is .44.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport