Which Ruger

Started by camo, May-17-23 17:05

Previous topic - Next topic

camo

Gotcha. Thanks. That's what I'll get. Hoping to shoot some American Eagle rounds this afternoon. They older rounds that I been intending to finish shooting up. I think less than 50. Will see how it handles them.

RogueTS1

That is what we use 5 Shooter. Orange Sharpie paint pen. Works great for those guns that cannot have their front sight changed out.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

5_shooter

I think I heard about the Sharpie paint from you or maybe Bear. I used to use Testors model paint, but the Sharpie works much better.

bearcatter

Testor's seems a little tougher, but harder to apply neatly. You can use a tiny brush ( same place you buy the Testor's) and clean it afters,  or a drop on a toothpick. Sharpie Paint is a lot easier. Either one, be sure to shake it real well first.

Testor's has their own markers in black, white, and red, but they have a big tip.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

camo

Think I'm gonna go the Sharpie route.

5_shooter

There are 2 size tips. get the smaller ones.

bearcatter

Good point !

I had forgotten Sharpie had a larger size ..  :)
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

camo

Gonna be the weekend before getting to hobby lobby. I got a can of orange marking paint in the shop. I'm like a kid, it's mighty tempting to use it on front sight. But with my arthritic fingers, waiting til weekend to get Sharpie is better.

camo

I needed to shoot a shot shell today in the LCP ll. The B/W, I always keep 2 shot shells loaded. The LCP want fire without the magazine installed. I removed magazine, manually put shot shell in chamber. I knew it wouldn't cycle but had to put the loaded magazine back in. Is there a better or faster way? When I need a shot shell, I usually need it fast. Sometimes more than one.

Armybrat

Another vote for the Bearcat

bearcatter

Bearcat ..  :) ..  :) .. :) ..  :)

kc

"I needed to shoot a shot shell today in the LCP ll. The B/W, I always keep 2 shot shells loaded. The LCP want fire without the magazine installed. I removed magazine, manually put shot shell in chamber. I knew it wouldn't cycle but had to put the loaded magazine back in. Is there a better or faster way? When I need a shot shell, I usually need it fast. Sometimes more than one."

Hey Camo, have you tried loading a shotshell (or several) in the magazine, then cycling the slide manually to load the cartridge into the chamber? That will work on some .22 semi-autos.

camo

That's what I did first. Dropped magazine and loaded a shotshell. But when I racked it in chamber, the plastic cone holding the shot come apart and spilled all the shot. That's when I dropped magazine and put shotshell in chamber. Then had to put mag back in to shoot.