NAA product interest testing

Started by naaadmin, November-28-23 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

How much interest would you have in NAA putting a speed loader into our shop?

Very Interested. I would most likely buy one.
1 (5.9%)
Moderately Interested. It would be cool to have.
4 (23.5%)
Neutral
5 (29.4%)
Slightly interested. I don't see myself buying one
1 (5.9%)
Not Interested. I don't see the point.
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December-01-23 14:12

naaadmin

Hey all!

We are thinking about using the forum as a kind of focus group for new products. For now, we have been considering adding a speed loader into our shop, but we want to know how much interest our customers would have in it.

Thanks for participating and for hanging out here. You guys are great.

Rachel Stilwell
Marketing Manager
North American Arms

joewolz

That?s cool! I?m not sure if I?d be interested in a speed loader per se, but I would be interested in a loading block I could use at the range.

bearcatter

I don't have a Mini, just two .32 Guardians that are great. I voted as if I had a Mini. If I did, NAA stocking loader(s) would be nice!

New product? I'm still waiting for the .22LR Guardian, I'd take two, please. -  ;)
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

bbgun

Wumbey Goomba

The appeal of a mini is it?s size(easily concealed).
Not it?s quick loading abilities. So a speed loader
is not something I personally would be interested in.
Just one mans opinion.

Uncle_Lee

If I could get out and shoot, I would try anything.
Even rubber boots with bullet loops around the top of them.
If you get out and shoot, it don't take anything to try something new and write a report on it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

OLD and GRUMPY

I second the 22 LR Guardian.(Mag Guardian?).  For the guns that open easy a speed loader would be good I would buy one.Or 2.  For the standard mini where you have to pull the pin not so much. It is slow at best. Would just put more bulk in the pocket. Better hit them with the first 5. Thanks for asking us what we think. Any loader you adopt should be a improvement over the ones already on the market. Or just sell the best one of those. I have not used any of them.  O&G
Death before Decaf !!!!!

pietro

IMO, it would be good for those models that don't require removing the cylinder from the frame to reload.
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Rick_Jorgenson

To conceal carry a Mini and Speed Loaders is counterintuitive of the reason for the Mini (for most people) JMHO

It is additional "bulk" or weight that most NAA Mini fans are trying to avoid

The "Flip Side" of that is...  Speed Loader use for Practice  :)

Speed Loaders combined with a Loading Block with several sets of 5 holes (holes spaced properly for Speed Loader to snap on) and a small box that holds everything makes time spent at a Shooting Range or at your personal shooting area much better  ;)

Reloading any of the Mini's (with the exception of the Sidewinder) quicker and easier. Several "rounds" of 5 shells can be set in the loading block and the Speed Loader quickly snaps on, load the cylinder and put back in the gun frame and you're ready to shoot again.

I find that "Practice time" spent with a Range Box setup like this enables you to shoot more and chase stray ammo around less!  8)
Rick Jorgenson

ds10speed

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on November-29-23 13:11
The "Flip Side" of that is...  Speed Loader use for Practice  :)

Rick is right on that range use is the most practical use of a mini loader. I designed the mini loaders (just for fun) after my 10 shot loaders that are used to reduce range time and for competition matches like SCSA that require speed loaders. Though no one uses mini guns in speed sports (yet) the Ranger model is the best choice for loader use.

Gun1

I would definitely buy the speedloader for my minis.

bill_deshivs

A simple speed loader is a far cry from engineering a .22 Guardian!

The .32 Guardian is very heavy for it's size. A .22 version would be even heavier.

bearcatter

Quote from: bill_deshivs on December-31-23 14:12

The .32 Guardian is very heavy for it's size. A .22 version would be even heavier.

A .32 Guardian weighs 15 ounces loaded. I still shake my head over people calling that heavy. The .380 is 21 oz..
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

bill_deshivs

My P32 weighs 9 oz. loaded.

TruthTellers

IMO, for the standard minis that NAA has made for decades, I view those as 5 shots and run revolvers because even with a speedloader the speed to reload is too slow, so you're looking at making speedloaders for the Sidewinder and Ranger. The Sidewinder is so small that I can't imagine any speedloader would work with it which means the Ranger is the one that would make the most sense and it's also the newest and likely least owned due to its price.

A speedloader would be nice, but IDK if it would sell. What would sell would be an ejector rod tool that empties all 5 chambers of the pull pin models. Yeah, I could make my own and spend way more time on it than I need to, but why do that when I could buy a nice one?

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: TruthTellers on January-12-24 22:01
IMO, for the standard minis that NAA has made for decades, I view those as 5 shots and run revolvers because even with a speedloader the speed to reload is too slow, so you're looking at making speedloaders for the Sidewinder and Ranger. The Sidewinder is so small that I can't imagine any speedloader would work with it which means the Ranger is the one that would make the most sense and it's also the newest and likely least owned due to its price.

A speedloader would be nice, but IDK if it would sell. What would sell would be an ejector rod tool that empties all 5 chambers of the pull pin models. Yeah, I could make my own and spend way more time on it than I need to, but why do that when I could buy a nice one?
This "de-loader" tool is available along with speed loaders for the Mini
Rick Jorgenson

PocketMagnum

Though I hope the speedloader is made for those that want it, I don't see a personal need for my particular NAA revolver. I have the standard model where the cylinder is removed completely to load and unload and don't mind how long this takes since I find the process rather fun, methodical, and different from other typical revolvers. If I had a sidewinder version (which I may get!) then this might be a little more interesting to me.

I think the biggest thing NAA should work on is a double action model. That would sell boat loads especially if it could be made in the same or very similar size as existing models. I don't care what it would cost, my experience with a single NAA Wasp is enough to tell me I would buy a DA model without any hesitation.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: PocketMagnum on February-27-24 09:02
Though I hope the speedloader is made for those that want it, I don't see a personal need for my particular NAA revolver. I have the standard model where the cylinder is removed completely to load and unload and don't mind how long this takes since I find the process rather fun, methodical, and different from other typical revolvers. If I had a sidewinder version (which I may get!) then this might be a little more interesting to me.

I think the biggest thing NAA should work on is a double action model. That would sell boat loads especially if it could be made in the same or very similar size as existing models. I don't care what it would cost, my experience with a single NAA Wasp is enough to tell me I would buy a DA model without any hesitation.
PocketMagnum, Welcome to the Forum!

I don't know that DA option could be squeezed in the small area of the current Mini. One may need to be larger for the additional mechanism parts for DA. JMHO, I'm not an expert by any means  :o

Speed Loaders are available for the NAA's Mini Revolvers. And they work great with all models except the Sidewinder  :o

The Sidewinder cylinder will not swing out far enough to allow the Speed Loader to line up the shells for the cylinder.

Personally I have found using the available Range Box and Speed Loaders I get to do a lot more shooting with my Mini's. The Range Box sets up rounds in "5's" so the speed loader snaps on new shells quickly to load into the removed cylinder.

Much less time is spent "fiddling" with shells and, a lot more shooting happens!  ;)

https://desertgunleather.com/collections/naa-accessories
Rick Jorgenson

PocketMagnum

Hey, Rick_Jorgenson! Thanks so much for the welcome.

QuoteI don't know that DA option could be squeezed in the small area of the current Mini. One may need to be larger for the additional mechanism parts for DA. JMHO, I'm not an expert by any means  :o

I'm staring at my NAA Wasp sitting on my desk while I type this, and one thing is for sure, NAA has a bunch of genius wizards over there. Here's to hoping they are working on a DA version  ;D

QuoteThe Sidewinder cylinder will not swing out far enough to allow the Speed Loader to line up the shells for the cylinder.

Very interesting! Looking at the photos more closely, I see how that would be the case.

naaadmin

Here's our speed loader product that we have out at the moment.

There are limited quantities, but for those of who who were interested, here you go.

Thanks!

https://www.northamericanarms.com/shop/speed-loader-mag/