Show us your .22's!

Started by MR_22, February-26-24 15:02

Previous topic - Next topic

MR_22

I love .22's, as you can probably surmise from my board ID. It's my favorite caliber, probably because I grew up plinking and .22's are the cheapest for doing it.

As such, I figured I should post my two most-recent .22LR acquisitions from my bucket list: a S&W 41 with 7-inch barrel and an Uberti 1973 Cattleman 12-shot revolver with 5.5-inch barrel. Both are used, but in almost-new condition. I'm really loving these two 22's and can't wait to shoot them!

What new .22's do you have to show off?

top dog

MR22,
One thing for sure,one cannot have enough 22s!!!

I bet most,if not all members of this forum have at least 10 different 22s,if not more.

Top Dog

bearcatter

Too hard posting that many pix, Copy and paste the urls, then bracket the urls, and rewriting them to resize. If I want two the same size I need a calculator to figure it out.

I wish this forum was better on that. Others I just copy and paste, then drag a corner to resize.

Mine are in my signature -

2 Bearcats
2 SR22s
1 SP101
1 S&W 15-22 rifle
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

pietro

And two I sold some years ago, to a fellow forum member

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

MR_22

Now that's a nice set of .22's, pietro! I should gather all of mine for a group photo, but I'm afraid that would take too long! ;)

I think I'll gather similar-themed .22's and start there.

Uncle_Lee

What a beautiful mess of 22's.
Wonderful mates for coffee.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

camo

Nice collection. Do you have a favorite?

pietro

Quote from: camo on February-27-24 07:02
Nice collection. Do you have a favorite?

I love all my children, equally......   ;)

Rick_Jorgenson

I picked up a S & W Model 41 a couple weeks ago too! mine is the 5.5 inch Barrel... What a fun gun to shoot!

These are most of my .22lr's in "regular" size guns! lol!

The Ruger Wranglers I bought to build holsters with and they are good for new shooters to start with.

The S&W .22c does go to classes with me. It's a good gun for new shooters that want to shoot Semi Auto's.

The S&W .22a is a fun gun to shoot! I tried a friends one day about 10 years ago and found this one not long after. When I got the "Sparrow" suppressor I sent it to a gun smith to thread the barrel to accept an adapter to handle the suppressor. That way it didn't shorten the barrel.

The Taurus PT-22 is on the "Newly Crowned" Mrs. Jorgenson's bedside table  ;D

The Ruger Mk IV is one that I bought 3 barrels from Volquartsen website for $100.00 and put it together by "horse trading" for the rest of the parts.  I use it to build Chest Rigs for that Model Gun.

Rick Jorgenson

MR_22

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on February-27-24 14:02
I picked up a S & W Model 41 a couple weeks ago too! mine is the 5.5 inch Barrel... What a fun gun to shoot!

The S&W .22c does go to classes with me. It's a good gun for new shooters that want to shoot Semi Auto's.

The S&W .22a is a fun gun to shoot! I tried a friends one day about 10 years ago and found this one not long after. When I got the "Sparrow" suppressor I sent it to a gun smith to thread the barrel to accept an adapter to handle the suppressor. That way it didn't shorten the barrel.

Very nice. I've been wanting the S&W 41 for a long time and recently got mine. Haven't shot it yet, tho.

I loved my S&W 22A, but I sold it when I got my TALO special edition. I loved the laser-engraved grip on the TALO 22A, but alas, it ended up being too thick for me to comfortably shoot, so I sold it too, planning to buy back a regular 22A. I even kept 3 mags from it (I had 5 and the buyer wouldn't pay for extras and I wasn't going to just give them away). I still need to get one again.

Gnigma

Here's a couple of mine. The S&W 422 is nothing special, but it is one of the most accurate 4" barrels I've ever had. The NAA is a .22 mag. I'll take some more pics, since I have a Mini Master 4" and an Earl. I also have a .22 Norinco J15 bolt action, bought for something like $70 new in the 1980s. A gunsmith friend back then looked at it and decided it was worth "upgrading", so he glass bedded the action and free floated the barrel. With the scope, you can put one in a squirrel's eye...
Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie." ~Miyamoto Musashi

To Old To Run

Still lots of eye candy here on this forum.
Makes my coffee always taste better.

Gnigma

My favorite .22 long gun. It connects the dots well.
Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Canoeal

Oh well. None of mine are 22lr, all of mine are 22 mag... Life goes on.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

copfish

Like Top Dog I'm a 22 pistol addict!

Retired lawdog and wildland  firefighter.

MR_22

Quote from: copfish on February-28-24 18:02

What are the Berettas? They kind of look like a model 71, but maybe not.

bearcatter

Quote from: MR_22 on February-28-24 21:02

What are the Berettas? They kind of look like a model 71, but maybe not.

The Model 71 Jaguar is newer. Those are Beretta Model 948, a .22 version of the .32 / .380 Model 1934. Beretta went commercial after the war, and the 948 was produced from 1948 (hence the model "948") into the mid 1960's, when it was replaced with the Jaguar.

Imported by J.L. Galef Co., sold under "Plinker" and "Featherweight" names. Alloy frame, 3.5 inch barrel standard, could be had with a second 6 inch barrel, easy to swap. Great 6 minute video -

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/video-beretta-model-948-pistol/
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

RogueTS1

Love those Berettas Copfish.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Strawdog1

Oh boy 22's are my favorite. I have had a bunch of them and still have quite a few.

Deus Regnat Exultet Terra

"With reasonable men, I will reason; with humane men, I will plead; but to tyrants, I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost." ~ William Lloyd Garrison

MR_22

The Model 71 Jaguar is newer. Those are Beretta Model 948, a .22 version of the .32 / .380 Model 1934. Beretta went commercial after the war, and the 948 was produced from 1948 (hence the model "948") into the mid 1960's, when it was replaced with the Jaguar.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/video-beretta-model-948-pistol/

Very cool. I need one. ;)

This is fun, guys. Keep 'em comin'!

RogueTS1

A quick few we had photos of:
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

KEN AR

The Ruger Mk IV is one that I bought 3 barrels from Volquartsen website for $100.00 and put it together by "horse trading" for the rest of the parts.  I use it to build Chest Rigs for that Model Gun.
[/quote]

Rick, For some reason I feel like a Rancher after reading this today!   
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

MR_22

Quote from: RogueTS1 on March-01-24 08:03
A quick few we had photos of:

Oooh, i like that suppressed Ruger Mark I. Here's my integrally suppressed Ruger Mark II.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: KEN AR on March-01-24 09:03

Rick, For some reason I feel like a Rancher after reading this today!
[/quote]
lol! I think I still owe you another holster!
Rick Jorgenson

ds10speed

Here are a couple of mine, the Mossberg is my first one when I was 12.

ds10speed

Here's few more. Also have a Ruger Single Six.

ds10speed

Here's my single six (my first handgun when 18) in the upper right, didn't have a picture of it by itself.

bill_deshivs

Some of my .22s.

bill_deshivs

A few more.

bill_deshivs

A few more.

copfish

Quote from: bill_deshivs on March-03-24 13:03
A few more.
Love that 21 long barrel!  I have a 950 with the 3" barrel and a 21 Covert, now I have to hunt down the long barrel 21!
Retired lawdog and wildland  firefighter.

bill_deshivs

You won't find a Model 21 M4. They didn't make them. I built that gun. I engraved, polished, plated etc. all of the pictured guns except the Beretta Minx.

bill_deshivs

Here's a couple more.

To Old To Run

Mighty fine collection there, Bill

pietro

Wonderful builds, Bill - especially your engraving....  :)