I just bought my 4th

Started by Anvil, May-23-24 17:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil

I now have four of these fine revolvers. Just purchased the 4" Earl and am anxious to see how it compares in accuracy to the Pug.
NAA's are so much fun to shoot!
You may not need it but should have it.

Armybrat

Nice little collection!

Anvil

Quote from: Armybrat on May-23-24 17:05

Nice little collection!

Actually I'm considering a 5th.  The .22 short just for a novel investement.
I mean how many guns are offered at around $200?  ???

ksblazer

That is a nice collection you got going there.

Congrats on the 4" Earl purchase.

Is it a convertible?

I have one and it's my favorite NAA to shoot. It took a few cylinders to dial in my accuracy. But I'm very happy with my groups. Much better than what I can do with my 1 5/8th's convertible and Pug.

I never intended to get the 4" Earl.

A local gun shop used to list used guns for sale on their site. I saw that someone must have sold/traded in their NAA collection.

They had

Pug .22 mag
Wasp .22 convertible
4' mini master can't recall if it was a convertible or not.
4" Earl  Convertible

All for reasonable prices.

After seeing this I was all excited. I'd been wanting a pug and 4" Mini master for some time.

When I got there the 4" MM was gone!!

I looked at both the Pug and Earl. The both were in like new condition.

I wanted the Pug for sure. Originally I was a little unsure about the Earl. But liked the way you could remove the cylinder easily. And it felt good in my hand. So I figured it would be a okay consultation prize to the 4"MM.

But after my first range session with it. I knew I made a great purchase that day.

Since then the Pug has been my most carried pistol and I shoot the Earl as accurately as any other 4" .22 revolver that I have fired. Rarely do I lleave it behind when I go out shooting.

Anvil

I take my Pug with a black leather cross draw holster on my daily trek along the city lake. Actually my favorite is my Shadow .22 mag but I regard it so high I keep it safe at home. LOL
This all may change in time since I have an Earl on order and a mini .22lr black holster on order.

I'm okay now with the new format but how do I add a photo to my post?  I see no options for that.

ksblazer

The Earl would make a great trail gun. I bought a nice leather holder for it.

I'd take the Pug along too. Just in case you need a back up.

Anvil

Quote from: ksblazer on May-29-24 18:05The Earl would make a great trail gun. I bought a nice leather holder for it.

I'd take the Pug along too. Just in case you need a back up.
Luckily in Kansas we have open carry without a licence so I have carried my Pug for years on end.
It's really reassuring.

Anvil

Quote from: Anvil on May-23-24 18:05
Quote from: Armybrat on May-23-24 17:05Nice little collection!

I finally found the elusive 22 short revolver and got it for $230. I'm happy! ;D

naaadmin

The Earl is a special gun! Did you know that it was designed by our current gunsmith's father, Earl? Earl had just finished the design for this gun when he tragically passed away the next day. Sandy thought it best to name it after him. Dustin Hubbard (our current gunsmith) has been with us for quite some time. We love the family legacy and the meaning behind the addition to our lineup.

Armybrat

Quote from: Anvil on May-23-24 18:05
Quote from: Armybrat on May-23-24 17:05Nice little collection!

My tongue in cheek comment was about the size of the guns, not the number.
I've bought a total of five NAAs - still have three (traded one off and gifted one)
I'd like to have another .22 lr with the buckle and also a .22 short just for the novelty.
Where is the .22 short listed for $200, if I may ask?

MR_22

Quote from: naaadmin on June-05-24 07:06The Earl is a special gun! Did you know that it was designed by our current gunsmith's father, Earl? Earl had just finished the design for this gun when he tragically passed away the next day. Sandy thought it best to name it after him. Dustin Hubbard (our current gunsmith) has been with us for quite some time. We love the family legacy and the meaning behind the addition to our lineup.

Earl and Dustin were/are great guys. I've met them both multiple times. I kind of feel like an adopted part of the family, as I've never worked there, but I've known the people who worked there for 25 years, including Wayne, who worked on my first NAA, a Black Widow, that I brought in a quarter century ago. Then there's Wayne, who also joined Earl in that Great Big Gunsmith Shop in the Sky.

Also, my cousin Steven, who used to be the IT administrator there, Ken, Evan, multiple Jessicas, and, of course, Sandy, and everybody else.

Anvil

It is comforting to know that the NAA home is not just a good place to work but also has a trusted family atmosphere and that means true devotion in which results in top quality products! It's appreciated.

Jose NAA 500 mag

Anvil

Quote from: Jose NAA 500 mag on June-12-24 17:06Don't forget a speed loader! ;D

https://youtu.be/GKMQKHwyUyQ

No need for a speed loader for me. I'm sure I can hit my designated target successfully in the 5 shots provided.  ;)

Anvil

I got notification that I can pick up the Earl tomorrow! I'm excited but have lab work first.  >:(
I'm one of those weido's that give names to my most prized possessions like trucks, guns and other things.
I've already dubbed the Earl as Earl Grey since that is my early morning wakeup cup.

Uncle_Lee

Keep up buying and you are going to have to get a big shoebox to store them in. 8)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )