NEW LOOK

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, May-29-24 04:05

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

Thank you NAA for the new updated forum look. This will take some time to get used to. Will see how it goes.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

Now for a deep dive into my settings and see how stuff works.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

camo

I started checking it out yesterday. Looking at the logins, and looks like set a new record for folks on the forum yesterday.

To Old To Run

I'm like a dog with a new food bowl, I'm going to have to look at a little bit.
It does have a nice look though.

mrmurl

Like has been stated will take some getting used too, but looks good.  I too will have to get knee dep in the settings soon.  Just had time the last couple of days.
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Uncle_Lee

Me too, I love the new layout for the forum. It is going to be better than it was.
NAA, sorry about bad mouthing you all.
Uncle_Lee
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

Same thing as before, nothing changed, just a different look.

A new coat of paint doesn't change what's under it. ...  :( 

FWIW, the font is too small for some members.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Anvil

I like it! easier to read  :)
You may not need it but should have it.

OLD and GRUMPY

Like the way pictures post and look now.  Feels "cleaner" and faster. Edits feel good. Dates and other info are back. Good start.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

billmeek

Quote from: Anvil on May-29-24 18:05I like it! easier to read

I disagree.  I find the font is harder to see well and significantly slows down my reading speed. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

MR_22

Quote from: billmeek on May-30-24 15:05

I disagree.  I find the font is harder to see well and significantly slows down my reading speed. 

I have to agree with that, the font is harder to read.

OLD and GRUMPY

A little harder to see but Well worth the update! Going to ask my tek guy about tweeking the contrast at my end.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

pietro

Quote from: MR_22 on May-30-24 20:05

I would respectfully suggest folks having issues use their computer's "zoom" feature to change from 100% to 110% (or more), so reading gets a lot easier for those effected, w/o having to shift the view to read lines for their full width.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

MR_22

Quote from: pietro on May-31-24 06:05I would respectfully suggest folks having issues use their computer's "zoom" feature to change from 100% to 110% (or more), so reading gets a lot easier for those effected, w/o having to shift the view to read lines for their full width.

I'm already always zoomed in--and it's generally more than just 10%. I use the "triple-tap magnifier zoom" on my Mac and set the accessibility issues on my iPhone to increase font sizes. For me, it's not just an issue of the viewable size of the font.

billmeek

Quote from: pietro on May-31-24 06:05I would respectfully suggest folks having issues use their computer's "zoom" feature to change from 100% to 110% (or more), so reading gets a lot easier for those effected, w/o having to shift the view to read lines for their full width.

I shouldn't have to zoom as my monitor is 65-inches diagonal and I'm an arm length away.  The font itself is the issue rather than the size.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Armybrat

Posting a photo to see how it works....
(My new $299.99 Ranger II)

Armybrat

Another...

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Armybrat on May-31-24 11:05Another...

A client of mine got the email about the 2 1/2" Ranger at $299 when he tried to "add to cart" he said they were "not available"! He was a little too late! lol!

He checked the box to be notified when they were "back in stock" hoping they would be $299! lol!
Rick Jorgenson

ex-mousekateer

Quote from: billmeek on May-31-24 09:05

I shouldn't have to zoom as my monitor is 65-inches diagonal and I'm an arm length away.  The font itself is the issue rather than the size.

Agreed.  Type a couple rows of skinny and wide letters, and you'll see it's a stylized monospace font.  That's good for aligning data, but a poor choice for ease of reading.

iiiii
wwwww
WWWWW

Then again, the Post mode is different from the viewing and Edit mode, so it's only monospace sometimes.  :/  That has me somewhat confused.

Canoeal

Quote from: pietro on May-31-24 06:05

I would respectfully suggest folks having issues use their computer's "zoom" feature to change from 100% to 110% (or more), so reading gets a lot easier for those effected, w/o having to shift the view to read lines for their full width.

You can always use the control and mouse scroll to make the font larger...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

zorba

This silly font sucks - BIG TIME. PLEASE get rid of it. OTOH, the dark theme is wonderful, much more restful on the eyes. Its only taken the computer industry 40 years to cycle back to what's been known since at least WW II.

Anvil

Maybe take a poll and do what's best for the majority here.
You may not need it but should have it.