Guardian one in the chamber

Started by Radman, June-02-24 17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Radman

Ok, I know this question has been asked before, but everything I have read on it has been way back. I don't know if any changes have been made to the gun in recent years. In a nutshell, I have a Guardian 380, I carry with one in the chamber and feel that it is pretty exceedingly safe because of the DAO trigger. Most of what I read agrees with me but some still say its not safe, I dont see how if I don't have the trigger literally cocked. I mean you have to totally pull the trigger so dam far for it to fire, right ?

RogueTS1

Not sure if there is a transfer bar or not without pulling ours out of the vault but it should be quite safe. A modern revolver carried in a pocket is safe and the Guardian does not have a hammer that protrudes from the frame so if dropped and lands on the hammer would not think the hammer could ignite a primer. Almost for certain not in one's pocket. We would feel quite safe carrying it in a pocket.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

heyjoe

It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MR_22

Quite safe. Just carry it in a holster that covers the trigger. Back when I used to be active on KTOG (Kel-Tec Owners Group), one of the members had his keys in the same pocket as his unholstered P32. He ended up with one extra hole in his leg than he probably needed.

RogueTS1

One really should not carry anything else in a pocket containing a firearm ........... even if it is housed in a pocket holster. The gun is not going to be able to fire if in a holster but anything else in the pocket is likely to interfere with getting the gun out quickly and efficiently if needed.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

MR_22

Quote from: RogueTS1 on June-06-24 07:06One really should not carry anything else in a pocket containing a firearm ........... even if it is housed in a pocket holster. The gun is not going to be able to fire if in a holster but anything else in the pocket is likely to interfere with getting the gun out quickly and efficiently if needed.

Agreed. If you pocket carry (which is my primary method for my Glock 33), that pocket is full when it contains a firearm. It's sometimes annoying to have one less space to carry your stuff, but safety comes first.

If your holster has room for a magazine, or a light, or a knife, then of course you can carry that in the pocket as well.

Radman

Thanks for the answers, I just wanted to be sure that without me pulling the trigger or dropping the thing on the ground there is no way it will fire.