Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil

Well I finally found the elusive .22 short and got it for $230 so I'm happy. ;D
The wife is anxious to shoot it. After that I may not ever see it again.  :-\

You may not need it but should have it.

naaadmin

We hope you like it Anvil!  :)

heyjoe

that was the second NAA i got after the 22 magnum 1 1/8" convertible and is my favorite even over the two Ranger 1's i have
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MR_22

Nice snag--and good price, too. The only short I was ever to find was made in California.

Anvil

heyjoe

i would and do go with full metal jacket for penetration with the 22S
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

adp3

Anvil,
There's no projectile in that load that you picture. It's a high pressure "blank" with powder only used for driving fasteners like nails. I definitely would not risk my mini or my hand with one.

Best Regards
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

bill_deshivs

There is no "full metal jacket" .22 short.

Perhaps you are thinking of copper plated bullets. The plating is extremely thin, and offers no advantage in penetration.

Anvil

Quote from: adp3 on June-13-24 10:06Anvil,
There's no projectile in that load that you picture. It's a high pressure "blank" with powder only used for driving fasteners like nails. I definitely would not risk my mini or my hand with one.

Best Regards
ADP3
Oh sorry. I thought that was bird shot.  ::) That's what I was wondering about. How does bird shot shoot in the mini short?

Anvil

Quote from: naaadmin on June-05-24 07:06We hope you like it Anvil!  :)

I'm sure I will! NAA's are so much fun to shoot. I used to shoot long range (IHMSA up to 200 yds) but now I'm retired and shoot short range (up to 20 feet)  ;)

Anvil

I can't wait to see how they compare! ;D

Anvil

Quote from: Anvil on June-15-24 17:06I can't wait to see how they compare! ;D
I took the five I have out to the open prairie range today using only CCI ammo.
First off was the Maxi-Mag 22 WMR 40 Grain for the Pug, Shadow and Earl.
As expected the Earl proved to be the most acurate at 15 feet.
Then I tried the .22lr with CCI Stinger at the same range and hit the paper plate with all 5 rounds.
Next up was the tiny .22 short revolver (I've dubbed it the Runt)   And I hit paper plates just two out of five.
Who would ever have thought the .22 short would be hard to handle?

camo

Anvil, how do you like shooting the pug with sights compared to the others. I only have the black widow. If the Ranger ll had the same sights as B/W, I might already have one with 2.5" barrel. But I'd have to get past that price compared to another B/W or mini master.

Anvil

If you are looking for adjustable sights look further within this site. I don't have them on any of mine. Shooting at close range has no advantage for adjustable sights. The site onine provided from NAA is sufficient enought for the purpose of these firearms IMHO.

Anvil

Quote from: camo on June-16-24 20:06Anvil, how do you like shooting the pug with sights compared to the others. I only have the black widow. If the Ranger ll had the same sights as B/W, I might already have one with 2.5" barrel. But I'd have to get past that price compared to another B/W or mini master.
Sorry Camo, I misunderstood your post. The truth is I find no advantage of having the fixed sights on the Pug. Shooting at arms length at close range and just pointing it is enough for me.