where do you shoot?

Started by Anvil, June-15-24 19:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil

I have a cousin that has a ranch near the Little Jerusalem badlands state park. We have hunted jack rabbits, white tail deer, prairie dogs and coyotes over the years but now since we are both aging we just shoot our NAA's at close range and compete with each other. It's beatuiful scenery that most all Interstate 70 travelers miss heading from the east for Colorado.

https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/places-we-protect/little-jerusalem-badlands-state-park/
You may not need it but should have it.

RogueTS1

Nice Anvil. We love to see those with some property.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

camo

Enjoyed the link Anvil. Im fortunate to be able to just walk out my door and shoot. Been walking and farming this same land all my life. I live 4 miles from where I grew up and only a 1/2 mile from where wife grew up. Retired now, just work a small garden, no livestock, so no fence to run. Daughter and SIL has the cows now. The B/W has come in handy many times on them ol cane rattlesnakes. I get to shoot targets more now. I'm kinda rambling on here, I better shut up.

Uncle_Lee

No camo, keep going. I for one love to hear about how other people live as long as it is outside.

I own 10 acres of woods 7 miles from town with the nearest neighbor about 1/2 mile away with a large hill between us.
I haven't been able to go out there for 4 years.
I don't look for it to improve. l
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Anvil

I hear ya Uncle_Lee!
My dad bought 20 acres just north of Cour d'Alene Idaho for a hunting land back in the 70s but it was eventually surounded with retail businesses and residential housing as the city expanded. So he sold it after just a couple of years. I went back to visit the site and couldn't recognize it. Most of the land was a parking lot for a strip mall.
Sad! :-[

camo

I live 18 miles from nearest 1 street town. I left for a while, (military). Except for a dirt road here and there that's been paved, not much has changed thru the years.

Anvil

Quote from: camo on June-17-24 19:06I live 18 miles from nearest 1 street town. I left for a while, (military). Except for a dirt road here and there that's been paved, not much has changed thru the years.

Sounds a lot like me! I lived in the Oklahoma panhandle for a time and had to get gas for my truck in Slapout, population 4.  :D