Ranger ll

Started by camo, June-26-24 15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

camo

Hoping to check out a couple LGS's in morning to see if they can get me a Ranger ll with the 2.5" barrel. That price will be a big factor. Everybody sees this post today and tonight, let me know what you think about it. Good or bad. Most prices I've seen have been over 600$. Y'all already know how much I like my B/W. I just got to make up my mind if it's worth that much more money than another B/W. Shouldn't be this hard.

Anvil

Camo, I'm sure the ranger II is a great little revolver, although I really don't understand why the price is so elevated other than the demand or rareity drives it up. As for me, I purchased 3 NAA's in the last few months and they were all around $200.
I do like the Ranger's looks over the Sidewinder!  :D
On a side note, When i was young i purchased a H&R top break .22lr revolver (999 Sportsman) and it was really easy to reload but the trigger pull was too extreme.   That might be something to check on but I imagine it's no worse than all the other NAA's. That being said my Earl seems to have a harder release on the trigger than all my others.
You may not need it but should have it.

camo

Thanks Anvil,
The price is hard to swallow for me. Like you said, I can buy 2-3 different models for the price of one. I got to go to town anyway in the morning, so I'm gonna stop in a couple LGS just to talk to them. Seems the more I look at the Ranger and it's price, the more I think of getting another B/W.

Anvil

Quote from: camo on June-26-24 18:06Thanks Anvil,
The price is hard to swallow for me. Like you said, I can buy 2-3 different models for the price of one. I got to go to town anyway in the morning, so I'm gonna stop in a couple LGS just to talk to them. Seems the more I look at the Ranger and it's price, the more I think of getting another B/W.

The best price I've seen online is for $419 at Grand Island Sportsman warehouse but of course it is out of stock right now. However I think the price is acceptable even if you have to wait a spell for it.

Anvil

I've bought two of my NAA's from the Grand Island Sportsmans Warehouse and they have proven to be dependable and supportive of sending my purchases to a local dealer in good time.
Hang in there for the price of $419 if you can!

camo

Anvil, I got the the ranger ll out of my system today. I ain't ready to pay that much money. I been thinking about the sheriff some today.

Anvil

Quote from: camo on June-27-24 19:06Anvil, I got the the ranger ll out of my system today. I ain't ready to pay that much money. I been thinking about the sheriff some today.
Camo, I don't know if the passion of wanting a certain firearm ever really goes away.
Back in the day when I was younger, I was an avid 45/70 rifle target long distance shooter. I always wanted the Ruger #1 in that caliber but finally settled on it in 6mm Rem. That just didn't satisfy. To this day I still want the 45/70 in a Ruger #1 but if I do get one it will cost me Triple what it would cost years ago. Gun prices never go down.
So my advice to you is if you really want the ranger II get it now before the price elevates even more.
Hey, I've paid prices beyond my budget for a gun I just had to have thanks to credit cards.  ::)

heyjoe

Quote from: camo on June-27-24 19:06Anvil, I got the the ranger ll out of my system today. I ain't ready to pay that much money. I been thinking about the sheriff some today.

YOLO
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

camo

I've read a lot of reviews on the Ranger ll. Like most anything, some good and some bad. Some earlier review mentioned possible weak frame. Anybody else know anything about it. I don't know anything about weak frames or stretching, that sort of stuff. Ya'll will have to explain that to me.

Armybrat

GrabaGun has the 2.5" Ranger in stock for $485.99 + tax & shipping to your ffl.
I got lucky with mine last month on a one day "flash sale" at Palmetto State Armory - $299.99.
(I put the fancier bootgrips on it that were on my short Ranger)
But am willing to speculate that a sale like it won't happen again.

Armybrat

Quote from: Armybrat on June-29-24 14:06GrabaGun has the 2.5" Ranger in stock for $485.99 + tax & shipping to your ffl.
I got lucky with mine last month on a one day "flash sale" at Palmetto State Armory - $299.99.
(I put the fancier bootgrips on it that were on my short Ranger)
But am willing to speculate that won't happen again.

Anvil

Nice catch Armybrat! Better grips always helps with these little revolvers!  ;)