I Ordered A Mad Hat Holster

Started by naalover, June-30-10 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

naalover

After reading a ton of positive things about Mr. Madhat and his products, I decided on a Micro Pocket holster for my Mini Magnum. Here's what it will look like:

I asked Jason to tell me how they're made so I could post a note to the blogs, and here's what he had to say:

"All of my holsters are 100 percent hand-stitched," he says. "The only machine that touches any of them is a Dremel to clean the edges up with."

Using a 6-7 ounce heavy leather to ensure long life, Mr. Madhat stitches his holsters with a saddle stitch using simulated sinew for added strength.

"All holsters are individually hand-boned and shaped," he continues. "I have designed each of my holsters to be as unique as I can get them and still be as functional as possible."

As an example, the Earl holster is done in tan with boarder tooling. All of his cowboy western holsters are suede lined to protect your gun and give a higher quality look and feel.

I can't wait to get it! And yes... I did pay for it.

Order yours here: http://madhatleather.blogspot.com">http://madhatleather.blogspot.com

Randy

Naalover,

You won't be sorry. Jason makes some of the finest holsters out there, and no, I haven't tried them all. I'm sure there are others that make a good holster but I've never been disappointed in any of Jason's. He seems to put that little extra in them that makes them not only functional but a work of art. (O.K., enough sucking up) But they are nice. You'll see.

Randy

fgials

sknr

I also had ordered a micro from madhat and I got it today. It is very impressive I love it. To anyone here who doesn't have one from him order it, u will be glad u did. Thanks Jason very very nice work, very well worth the wait.

cedarview kid

Mad Hat is an artist, eh? He's not much of a Mad Hatter, but he might qualify as a Mad Holsterer.

doc_stadig

In addition to several Madhat holsters, I have 2 of Mrs. Madhat's, although his are great, she does pretty good in her own right.

Doc

ifly65

I also ordered two madhatleather holsters this week for my Mini Revolver and Pug T.  I cant wait!

fxrguy

Just ordered the Micro Pocket from Madhat with the push off tab. I am very glad I discovered  this forum as it is very informative and linked me to Jason's website. Looking forward to receiving my new Pug in about a week and then getting the new holster. I've liked the NAA mini revolvers for years but never considered purchasing one until I decided I wanted a conceal weapon but was put off by all the issues people seem to be having with the smaller automatics "ejection issues and jamming". Revolvers don't have this problem and like I said I've always really liked the mini's anyway.

jtartam

I have a micro pocket in oxblood for my Pug and just ordered three more for my Black Widow, .22 Mag. and .22LR. Great Holsters.

John

grandpa

I have a Madhat holster, and it is an incredible work of art.  I promise you will love it; Jason is the Michaelangalo of holster makers.  The quality of his work is almost unbelievable.

lashlarue

Here's mine , beautiful piece of craftmanship.Note , I'm left handed, I wear it weak side under whatever shirt or jacket, I happen to be wearing....