cylinder spins when hammer cocked 22lr mini

Started by dinooch, August-30-24 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dinooch

I really never noticed this before on my 22lr mini but you can move the cylinder around when fully cocked. This doesn't seem right to me.
What do you guys say?

Uncle_Lee

Return it for repair.
Call NAA and they tell you to SEND IT BACK !!!!!!
It is unsafe, unsafe, unsafe.
All modern revolvers lock the cylinder from moving when full cocked. That is so it will not fire unless the cylinder is lined up with the barrel.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

dinooch

That's what I thought I knew it should spin on 1/2 cock but not full cock. I'll give NAA a shout. I just didn't have another mini to compare to.

Uncle_Lee

Most of the minis will not spin on half cock, at least not when the hammer is set on half cock.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Anvil

Yikes indeed! keep us posted Dinooch. to quote Hamlet, something is rotten in Demark.  ???
You may not need it but should have it.

dinooch

I'm very disappointed about this but not discouraged about NAA products. I'm glad it was found during a routine cleaning from the carry a lot shoot a little role this gun has. I'll be contacting NAA this coming week. Good thing I didn't need to use it or take it out to the range. Since NAA is also replacing my Guardian due to a non repairable failure and has been very professional during the process this will not sour me on their products. NAA stands solidly behind their products and have proven that to me so far. Shout out to Whitney Mitchell Customer Service Manager for the outstanding support I've received.