sidewinder backorder about 5000

Started by oldguy, February-27-13 08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Just heard from Amy at NAA, no eta on my EB190. Amy says they are backorder almost 5000 units and shipping  units every two weeks. Get to mine as fast as they can.
"TANSTAAFL ['There ain't no such thing as a free lunch']- Robert Heinlein   
"Imagination is more important than knowledge.  For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution."- Albert Einstein

cedarview kid

Nice. Sounds like NAA is ramping up to full production.

grayelky

I hope so. I can't find any to stock my store with!!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

wd345

not long ago someone posted a gun dealer that had sidewinders in stock. Anyone remember.. I am looking for one, along with lots of others.

45flint

Does anyone know how many total guns they make a year.  That would put the 5000 in perspective for me.

TwoGunJayne

Can't find the link at the moment, but I recall seeing something like 5 figures of units per year. This was a while ago and I have the feeling that they are selling as many as they can make right now.

bigwheel

I may be missing something here..which is typical..but why would anybody be buying guns when apparently the guv'ment seems to have effectually shut us off from buying bullets which fits em?  This dont seem logical at all to the untrained mind. Correct my thinking here. Thanks.

TwoGunJayne

The people with money seem to have a "buy it, buy it ALL, buy it ALL NOW!!" mentality going.

The gun racks are very sparse in my local area. Handguns don't stay on the shelves long lately. Most of what I'm seeing left is single barrel break rifles and shotguns. I could get a stack of them, if I wanted. Local NAA Sidewinder? Not happening.

bigwheel

Ok gotcha...now I see as the blind man could sometimes be heard saying. It seems sorta analogous to being out of groceries but running around in a frenzy to buy up all the pots and pans in town. Now is this hot or warm?

TwoGunJayne

Yeah, but it's like McDonald's, Wendy's and Taco Bell are constantly out of stock on everything and the grocery store is throwing away ground beef.

I can get big bore centerfire. I can get primers and powder. Someone needs to kindly introduce these rimfire-hoarder people to handloading and centerfire.

Dinadan

45flint - in 2011 NAA made 816 pistols and 39,465 revolvers. here is a link to the PDF at ATF:
http://www.atf.gov/files/statistics/download/afmer/2011-final-firearms-manufacturing-export-report.pdf

So 5000 units would probably be between ten and fifteen percent of the total yearly production.

45flint

5000 is about a month and a half of total production.   Probably takes more time to produce a sidewinder.  Plus timing of outsourced parts. 

Dinadan

Quote from: 45flint on April-01-13 15:04Probably takes more time to produce a sidewinder.  Plus timing of outsourced parts. 

I am thinking the same thing. For that crane and cylinder mechanism to work just right the tolerances are very tight and I wonder how often the parts work as delivered. Of course, the same goes for all the working parts on a mini, they are so small.

ephraim

Quote from: wd345 on April-01-13 11:04
not long ago someone posted a gun dealer that had sidewinders in stock. Anyone remember.. I am looking for one, along with lots of others.
grabagun.com . They don't show any in stock at this time.