Old Westerns

Started by bud, December-11-10 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

lashlarue

OMG I didn't know I was dead!

rjtravel

They don't make 'em like they used to - for sure.  I mostly liked their guns.  Hopalong's carried at least 30 rounds - and Hoppy would never lie.

umpire

Awesome link , Thanks for posting ,Bud

I didn`t know that "Miss Kitty" had passed.

The Long Branch just won`t be the same without her

coinchop

Thanks! That was great although it left a bit of sad..

psapmapr

Gotta' agree with Coinchop. Heart warmin' but sadful to think those are days faded to memory; sure brought back some good one's though!

Thanks for the post there Bud!

heyjoe

Lash dont stop moving or someone will start throwing dirt on ya!
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

41magmag41

***, when did I get old.   Ditto on Heyjoe's comment.  lol

ashevillian

Speaking of Gunsmoke, check out the revolver in that opening scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIQdQMcOSo">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIQdQMcOSo

therevjay

Intresting fact about Hoppy. I read in a gun mag awhile back. One of his guns was chambered .45 Colt the other .44 WCF (44/40) but it didn't matter, the same size blanks chamber in either and they looked the same.
"I have no respect for a man who can spell a word only one way".....Mark Twain

theysayimnotme

Speaking of Gunsmoke how many know who played Matt Dillon when it was on radio? (Pity his poor horse.)  

Amanda Blake (Miss Kitty) died over twenty years ago from AIDS. She found out too late her last husband was infected.

red14

William Conrad?

That was really cool.  I love westerns!!!
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

ricart

Very good Red14.  It was William Conrad who later played Cannon in the series by the same name.  The story goes that when auditioning for TV series gun smoke he was sitting in a chair, when he went to get up, his gun got hung on the arm of the chair.  He was rather large even then.  John Wayne was offered the part of Dillon, he turned it down and recommended James Arness and, as they say the rest is history.  How many know Arness was "The Thing" later titled "The Thing From Another World"?   Movie and TV trivia is another of my hobbies along with motorcycles and guns.

lashlarue

and Peter Graves of Mission Impossible is James Arness brother

traveller

Neat video, if a little before my time...  But I am a fan of the old westerns and radio westerns as it sounds like some of you are as well.    

Check out http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com">www.oldtimeradiofans.com for several old time radio show episodes as mp3 free for the downloading (including Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger, Tales of the Texas Rangers, etc).

Uncle_Lee

Thank You for the oldtimeradiofans link.

That took me back to the 40's and the radio in the evening with Mom's burned popcorn. She never could pop corn with out burning it a little. I had forgotten all about that. Setting here, I could taste that popcorn.

Thank You so MUCH.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )