Long awaited range results, MM w/scope

Started by Bluelitenin, March-16-13 18:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluelitenin

Well I finally sited in the scope on my Mini Master and shot it at the local indoor range. The top two targets in the second picture are during the siting in process. The third or bottom target is the final shots. This was at around 21 feet. The last photo is after I ran the target to the farthest point along the back wall, approx 75 feet. I think these results are pretty good. I am happy with them.

Kentucky Kevin

Good job, I've got the MM but will never glass it. It ride in my shoulder bag for survival.
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

bigwheel

Fine looking groups. Wonder how that would compare with a laser beam? If cost were not an object I would not mind to have one of those. That should come in real handy in a dark beer joint.

Uncle_Lee

I don't know.
There is just something about a Mini Master with a scope on it.
It just says "shoot me".
I love that look.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bluelitenin

Quote from: bigwheel on March-16-13 20:03
Fine looking groups. Wonder how that would compare with a laser beam? If cost were not an object I would not mind to have one of those. That should come in real handy in a dark beer joint.
I had the laserlite laser on it before. The problem with it was that it blocked the sites and the laser
couldnt be seen in daylight, so outdoors I was shooting blind. The scope mounts I used are "see through" so you can still use the sites if you want to. I put it on there just for fun. The end of the scope gets a good bit of muzzle flash on it.

bigwheel

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the input. The laser has now been took off the wish list..lol.

Bluelitenin

Bigwheel, there is a new laser available for the min master and black widow that takes the place of the cylinder pin. The Venom laser is under the barrel so it doesn't block the sites. I believe that the laser is still a red laser, a green laser I think is needed for daytime use. So if you shoot mostly indoors or in lower light situations then the red is good.
http://www.laserlyte.com/products/naa-venom

bigwheel

Thanks for the pic. Looks cool. Got the same advice on the laser colors from one of the local swat boys. He says old blind guys need green..lol.

Kentucky Kevin

Hey Blue, good shooting. Is that a a variable power, with standard rings, and was that off hand or from a rest?
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

TwoGunJayne

QuoteI put it on there just for fun. The end of the scope gets a good bit of muzzle flash on it.

You know those diagonally cut "scope shades" intended to help keep sunlight glare from your lenses? I'm wondering if you mounted one of those upside down if it would cut the powder residue hitting your lens.

Just a theory, not a proven law. :)

glockanator

Great first my dad gets a Black widow which I fell I. Love with now I see this! This would be a fun gun to put a small red dot or reflex sight on.

Kentucky Kevin

Glock is my EDC, but a mini w/scope. long distance is the next best thing to being there

Kentucky Kevin

I lied, I put a scope on mine, and able to occasionally!!!!! hit golf balls at 20yds.