Sidewinder vs. BW Grip-ability

Started by pete_on_the_coast, March-29-13 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

pete_on_the_coast

Hi guys, I'd appreciate some input from those who have experience with both guns.

I've been waiting to buy my first NAA - the Sidewinder but with a longer barrel, minimum I think of 2.5".

However, from the photos I wonder if the grip of the SW is as good as the BW feels (at least to me)?   If not, can the SW accept modification to achieve BW-type feel?

Thanks in advance for all opinions.

ikoiko

You can put Black widow grips on the Side Winder.
As to how the SW grips feel, nothing like the oversized BW grips.

FYI , any magnum grips will fit any magnum framed NAA gun.

bleak_window

Yes, the Sidewinder uses the same Magnum frame as the BW, so any magnum grips will fit.  I think the BW has the best of the NAA grips, and there are plenty of aftermarket choices, too.

pete_on_the_coast

Thanks for the info, guys.   My thinking was that if the SW could not have the same grip as the BW, I might just go with the BW.   But now I guess I'll wait for the longer SW.   Wish I knew how long that wait will be  . . . . .

Dinadan

Pete - if I were you I would go ahead and get a BW or Sheriff, which has a 2 1/2" Barrel. In another thread Sandy is quoted as saying that we are in a manufacturing frenzy, attempting to address the extraordinary backlog that we (and others) are enjoying. I am planning to buy at least one more Sidwinder when it is available with a 2" to 3" barrel, but if NAA cannot keep up with current orders it could be a while before we see a new Siewinder model.

pete_on_the_coast

Dinadan - I thought I read somewhere that Sandy said he expected production of the longer SWs to begin in the first quarter (of 2012?).

No April soapbox, yet  . . . . maybe he'll mention it.