NAA talked about in Texas CHL article

Started by jw1128, March-28-13 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoGunJayne

Ahh, Texas... I miss Texas. My first wife was from there, but I don't miss her ways... just Texas.

bigwheel

Thanks for the article. Glad that political correctness disease dont seem to be effecting them too much. Somebody flip out a CHL bound to be well checked and good folks..not to say a few nut heads couldn't have managed to get one too. Oh well..exceptions to all rules as they say. Playing the percentages..its a great plan. Especially with all the elected crooks packing too. That should work.

Roy Odhner

Makes me proud to call Texas home.
Say hello to my little friend!

bigwheel

Here here Sir. Welcome on up to the warm campfire. Its rainy and sorta nasty in Foat Wuth. Now which part of God's are yall most familiar?  If you dont mind folks being nosey of course:)

TwoGunJayne

I was really fond of Lake Jackson, near the coast. Good people, enough wet to have greenery, not too big of a town, crime wasn't bad... Good place.

I also lived in north Texas, nothing but sand, scrub and scorpions. I've also lived in Round Rock and Shiner.

I never had a problem with Texas except the length of a drive. I always appreciated how in Texas, people would drive 250 miles to visit a friend. In some states, people don't want to drive 30 because it's "too far."

You won't hear me bad mouth Texas.

bigwheel

Dont recall ever being in Lake Jackson. Did get the quota of sand and scorpions while spending 12 years up in Wilbarger county.  A lot of folks measure driving by how many six packs of beer it takes. For example from Fort Worth to Wichita Falls is a six pack drive..while Wichita Falls to Amarillo is a 12 packer. 

TwoGunJayne

Shiner is a great little town. Lots of German family restaurants and that's where the Spoetzel brewery is. They even have a drive-in theater, one of the few left in the country.

bigwheel

Sadly only passed through Shiner a few times. Is great country and as you say real ethnic German as is New Braunfels..Windthorst..Muenster etc. Bunch of Checkzs? scattered all over the place too. Real heavy population of them around Corpus. Most folks do not realize the oldest still existing Polish settlement in the US is in Texas.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~atpc/polonia/usa/plam-panna-maria.html

johnlane

Dinadan

Great link. That article makes me want to move to Texas.

bigwheel

Plenty of room left..come on down. There is already plans made by our Legislature on what gonna happen when Obamie and his commie pals manage to sink the National experiment. Some are even considering the other Red States to join the fun. Tentative name for the new expanse to be called God's Country. Catchy name huh?

blitzkrieger

Lived in Plano from 92-99.
Cant complain too much about it except I sorely missed my mountains so I moved back to them, but now find myself in the southern Utah desert.

blitzkrieger

But then again I'll add a little humor....

"Here I sit cheeks a flexin, giving birth to another......." lol

Kentucky Kevin

Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

glenn

Windbag just doesn't rhyme .... what could it be ?     ;D

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO