NAA Holster Grip Shooting Experience?

Started by pete_on_the_coast, May-24-13 07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

pete_on_the_coast

I was all set to jump into my first NAA purchase a few months ago (BW) when I decided to wait a bit for a longer version of the SW.   No telling how long that will be, and so now I'm back to considering other models.

One drawback of the BW is that it is not as CCW friendly as other models, but I like the larger grip.   How viable is the Holster Grip model as an alternative to BW?   What's it like to shoot this model, for instance, how does this unusual grip/holster perform in terms of accuracy, recoil, etc.?   And, what barrel length does it come in?

Advice from those with experience would be appreciated!

Kentucky Kevin

I currently own 5 NAA, four have the holster grip, and the fifth is a MM with the large rubber grips, and 4". Holster grips allow the quick draw and fast accurate use of the mini, it is the ONLY, my opinion way to carry.
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

pete_on_the_coast

Hardtackwon: Thanks for your input.   With 4 of these Holster-Grips, you must have alot of experience shooting them.   I understand that some of the grips are longer than others, if you have both types do you find a difference between them in any way when shooting?   Are these grips "stable" in your hand when the gun is fired?

Kevin55

I have a 22lr 1-1/8 barrel mini with the old style holster grip that goes over the barrel.

With the standard grips, I found it impossible to shoot with any accuracy.  I added on the holster grip and it suddenly looked huge.  I traced the outline of the revolver with and without the holster grip and found the overall size wasn't really that much bigger, just more of an oval outline.  Shooting accuracy was much improved.  The Cvang grips are the only real alternative for a small wood grip.

n9znd

I was hitting Falling plates at 22 yards 4 out of 5 shots this last weekend.     The folding grip really makes it more shootable than other grip.  They just look a lot better with a normal grip on them.      My buddy was shooting Colibri and was hitting the plates easily also.     Jim

Kentucky Kevin

When I was shooting regularly 2x weekly, I was hitting shotgun shells at 10-15" 75% of the time
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

n9znd

10-15" wow that would be hard (jk).        It is really fun to see what uou can really hit with these things.   Funnest gun in the bag I think.  Jim

Dinadan

Quote from: Hardtackwon on June-12-13 10:06
When I was shooting regularly 2x weekly, I was hitting shotgun shells at 10-15" 75% of the time
I hope this is not a typo because it is the first post I have read in a long time that makes me feel better about my markmanship!!

flatnose

I'd be down right ashamed to admit that I couldn't hit a shotgun shell at 10-15 inches 100% of the time. :o