How do you carry your LR Mini? Need a holster recommendation.

Started by turkeyhunter, June-04-13 02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter

So I picked up my second mini over the weekend, a LR to join the family along with my PUG.  My PUG is what will get carried most as a backup to my LCP, but I would like to throw my LR in my pocket from time to time even though I bought it more as a novelty piece and because I think it's just cool. 

Usually I don't have problems picking a holster, but would like to hear how you folks carry your LR.  I have pocket holsters, and will probably settle on another pocket holster for my LR, but was wondering what you all use.  Do any of you use those neck holsters? I have seen a couple shirt pocket holsters out there... any of you use those? Just looking for some good sound recommendations from those who know best!

Thanks.

n9znd

With the LR Frame I just got a Hogue folding Holster grip.    Easy to carry and very shootable.       Jim

tomhawes2002

I use a kaydex neck holster. In my opinion the only way to carry as no matter what my attire its always practical. Some folks would say to you its insane! I have COMPLETE confidence  in the safety notch plus the holster holds it pretty firmly  so the cylinder is unable to rotate.

Kentucky Kevin

Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

TwoGunJayne

Lr mini? Loose in the shirt pocket.

If I pants pocket carry, I neatly arrange other items in my pocket so the mini stays in one place. I have a plastic box and a cell phone that combine to keep a mini upright and in position.

I've also made quick-and-dirty pocket holsters from cardboard covered in clear tape (ghetto lamination.) They can actually work surprisingly well and you can knock one out in 2 minutes. It also gives you ideas to try in leather without the cost, a good prototyping solution. I actually pocket carried a laminated cardboard pocket holster for an entire summer and it didn't give out. I actually felt kind of guilty throwing it away, because it was still functional. I was just tired of it and its cost and ease of construction was no justification for keeping it. Sounds weird, right?

adrnln

Concealment Holster Solutions makes a real nice pocket holster for the mini. http://concealmentholstersolutions.com
I've been using one for a couple years and is very well made.

mdzcpa

I also use a Concealment Specialties holster for pocket carry.

Here is a photo with the BW, SW, and Pug all fitted with a CS holster:
Mike
PUG , Black Widow, Sidewinder

wd345

I now have more holsters than mini's. I have them for every occasion. for instance I like one with a leather back to conceal the outline of the gun when I have to wear dress pants. One made by rkbaholsters has a removable panel so it works in front pocket or back.

trotterlg

I have carried mine for years like this, used to look like a little coin purse, now it is a bit more obvious what it it.  Larry

tocsn40

Tocsn40

Dinadan

I like WD345's holsters. And guns!

I think Trotterlg needs to spring for another pouch if he takes that out in public.

Mdzcpa's Concealment Specialties holsters look functional but narrow enough that I think they might rotate in my pockets.

trotterlg

I think you are right, I need to sew up a new case, this one is even worse on the side next to my leg.  Larry

wd345

Thanks Dinadan, those are my favorite two I carry most all the time.