Curiouse about comparison of size between SW and 22LR with 1 1/8 Barrel

Started by tomhawes2002, June-08-13 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

tomhawes2002

Im curious as to how the SW and 22LR with 1 and 1/8 barrel compare in size.I realize the SW being chambered for magnum loads as well as the extra material necessary for the swing out mechanism have to add some size and bulk, but im having trouble visualizing how much? I love my 22LR Mini because it is so small and kind of carry and forget. However I have been envious of you SW owners for quite some time. Does anyone out there have both a SW and 22 LR with 1 1/8 barrel that would be willing to take some side by side pics and share them for comparison?

Thanks

Tom

jhogan2424

I have the same curiosity. I recently purchased a standard LR version with 1-1/8" barrel but am also interested in the SW version.

tomhawes2002

How about it friends? Any of yall out their that have both a 22LR 1 1/8 barrel and a SW willing to help out a fellow NAAer and share a side by side pic with both?

grayelky

Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

tomhawes2002

AWESOME!!! Thanks grayelky! I look forward to seeing them. I will hang tight.

Guardian

I have a Side-Winder, but only have a early 22short gun to compare it to....the short has more power than a 25cal with the hi power shorts, but aiming it is hard to do.

The Side-Winder had the 22LR cylinder in it today, and it was shooting GREAT! I was surprised at the accuracy of it compared to the old model! (Handles better too)

Bought 4 bricks of ammo today, so should be able to get it out again soon....

mdzcpa

Mike
PUG , Black Widow, Sidewinder

wd345

here is the Pug and Sidewinder comparison for you. Either carries well