Packing heavy and packing light

Started by sharpblade, December-26-10 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

xmp

I got my kydex holster today!!  Now were talking. Made by Newt Livesay.  Nice fit, gonna try it out tomorrow.  

traveller

I do like the idea of those kydex lanyard holsters, but I get a little twitchy with a loaded gun hanging around my neck pointed under my jaw with the hammer and trigger uncovered...

I guess it's the whole "Jeff Cooper's Rule Number 2 of gun safety" thing.

traveller

oh, one more thing...  Sharpblade, you have some nice hardware there!

sharpblade

Xmp, that holster looks great and you got it pretty quick.  I'm sure you will like it.  Traveller, I don't have a problem carrying them that way.  If you've been around these little revolvers a while, you get to trust that little safety notch. After I retired from my regular job, I got a job driving motor homes.  Many trips were up and down the east coast, most in the southeast. I wore the kytac holster and mini mag all the time for the 5 years I did that.  It was very comforting having that little gun around my neck when I would go in deserted rest stops in the middle of the night.

xmp

Ya I worried about that also but I haven't heard of any problems. The holster is molded so that the cylinder is locked in place on the safety notch.  That makes me feel alot better.  

If I'm not comfortable with this mode if carry it has other holes so I can adjust the way it hangs.  

Shapblade-  after your comments. I feel fine carrying it. Gonna wear it today and see how it goes. And yea I got it pretty fast.  I spoke to newt and he sent it right out. I was a little worried with all the tornadoes in the area. But it didn't seem to slow the mail though.  

I should have bought a knife while I had him shipping me something already.

quickdraw

XMP  I hope that avatar isn't your body scan from an airport.  

xmp

If they tried to scan me that's probably what it would look like. LOL

xmp

yncrogers

Wimps!  Now this is packing heavy (6,900 tons to be exact)!

YNC(SS) Rogers

USN (Ret)

redhawk4

XMP, only one gun? I guess that's called packing light LOL
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

xmp

Lol. I didn't have my neck holster yet.