Sidewinder Mechanism Question

Started by mdcepe, July-06-13 22:07

Previous topic - Next topic

mdcepe

Hello,
I am new to NAA, just got a sidewinder, read the manual, understand the safety notches/procedure.
I noticed that when I pull the hammer to full cock, then let it back to "half cock", I cannot cock it again without releasing it all the way down, why is that?
Thanks for any info
mdcepe

Uncle_Lee

Welcome mdcepe,
I can't answer your question.
BUT, I can say "welcome".
So I did.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

G50AE

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-07-13 04:07
Welcome mdcepe,
I can't answer your question.
BUT, I can say "welcome".
So I did.

Yes you did.  8)

wd345

I just tried it with my sidewinder and it recocks from any position. Not sure why it wouldn't

Dinadan

Quote from: mdcepe on July-06-13 22:07
I noticed that when I pull the hammer to full cock, then let it back to "half cock", I cannot cock it again without releasing it all the way down, why is that?
mdcepe
mdcepe  - welcome to this forum.  I can go back to the cock position with my Sidewinder from the half-cock without dropping the hammer first.

Does that happen every time or just sometimes?

Try this experiment, with an unloaded gun. With the hammer in half-cock pull the trigger. If the hammer drops then it is not in the correct half-cock position.

With some minis it is possible to place the hammer of a mini in a position which appears to be half-cock but is not. I do not know if the hammer can be brought back to the cock position from the incorrect half-cock position, but there should not be a problem from correct half-cock.