Not As Smart As I Thought I Was....WAY TOO HOT!

Started by riverkilt, June-15-13 23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

riverkilt

So last fall bought a new car that has a drop down sunglass holder.  Perfect place for my NAA .22LR.  I'm not allowed to carry at work or in many places I have to visit for work (schools, courts, jail)...so I carry the NAA .22LR in my car's drop down sunglass holder.  Even put 5 extra rounds in there rubber banded together - am I an optimist or what?  Really like the drop down sunglass holder as a place to store the mini.  Easy to just put it in my pocket when I'm somewhere I can legally carry concealed.

Well...its HOT in Arizona now and when I went to take the mini out it was TOO HOT TO HANDLE....serious...guess there's not much insulation between the drop down holder and the roof.  Gun was literally too hot to touch.  Not good.  So now have to look for a summer time place to carry in the car.

Don't think it can get hot enough to cook off a round - but being too hot to touch negates its value to me.

Always a rude surprise....

flatnose

Well, there is a silver lining here. At least you found out before a situation prompted you to go for it. :o

Kentucky Kevin

Quote from: riverkilt on June-15-13 23:06
  I'm not allowed to carry at work or in many places I have to visit for work (schools, courts, jail)...Always a rude surprise....
tHAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THE MINI, kinda like depends, no one needs to know.
better judged by 12 than carried by 6
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

Kevin55

Doesnt a handgun need to be in a holster in a car in Az?
I'd look for less obvious stash spots should your car get broken into.

heyjoe

bottom of a kleenex box with a few used looking tissues bunched up on top
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Maccab

Fishing line, an a piece of paper, fold it to become the size of a stamp hole punch it, thread the fishing line through smack it so it's flat, attach the line through the hole, and to a small weight "hotel shampoo bottle for example" get a snippy chapper... Device for removing staples, and put four holes in one side of the plastic grip, then put two in the other side on both sides, attach to beer mat or similar paper clips through the four holes to attach it, put the mat in the cistern so the snippy is out but to the rear tucked away, close the chapper and stick a paper clip pin through the holes creating a split pin... Attach the weight via line to the pin, and pop a toilet roll over the paper end on the cistern, attach a bomb to the side of the cistern, lift up the roll, paper slips weight drops pins removed snippy springs open bang.

Maccab

And that is how you blow up someone on a toilet, King George etc.

Don't say I never help your cause, up the tea smashers etc.

Dinadan

riverkilt - everything in my car gets real hot too. (I live in the South) I am thinking that I need to get one of those little gun safes that has a cable to lock it to a seat. I noticed today that Walmart carries one for $50, if I remember correctly. I just hat to rely on a criminal failing to check any possible location. And that way if the ammo cooks off it will be contained!!

Maccab

Small electric fan, hand held novelty item, pop in a butty box...

Heat sheets, you know reflectotherm lark, silver foil stuff they also deflect heat.

Alternatively, is that not a Alabama car alarm... A box of 30-06 next to a thermometer.

Want to get in, bring iced water.

Maccab

Stitch ten together under a pvc tarp, in between a polyester sheet and thermo cams can't see you apparently.

Bigbird48

I think its best just to stick it in your pocket, no one knows its there. I just went to DR and big signs on doors NO WEAPONS, I ride a bike so really don't want to leave it out in the saddlebags, easy pickin's, so I just carry it in and out and no one's the wiser. I'm also in AZ so I understand you can't touch anything thats left in a car especially anything metal. I took my digital thermometer last week when it was 112° outside and shot the inside of my truck, it was 147° inside the truck. Go Ahead grab the steel gun !NOT!