Ammo carrier

Started by Goatpacker, July-18-13 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatpacker

I read a post a while back about ammo carriers. I was thinking of making one myself but raking my brain about how to design one I kept going back to the post about using a Mini Altoids can and the other great suggestion was one of those old school rubber coin purses that has the split that opens when you squeeze it. Good luck finding one of those!!! Great idea but not near as common as they were years ago!!! The mini Altoids can is awesome!!! Cost about a buck and a half and you get free candy to give to your Sweetie!!! I was able to put 9 22 mags in there and 6 22 mag shotshells. Threw in a pair of foam earplugs and it does not even rattle!!! Best idea ever and have 3 complet reloads in a tiny package!!! Thanks Again for the idea!!!

G50AE

kbuzbee

I've had several cases for those little ear buds that work similarly. They are leather (ish?) ;) with a spring style closer. You squeeze them and they open. Might work? You might even have a few kicking around? I seem to destroy the ear buds but the cases last forever ;)

Ken

Kentucky Kevin

goatpacker, great idea on the plugs, I have tissue paper, BUTT not enough to blow my nose.
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

wd345

one that I use and have in my truck now is a 35mm film canister. I know they are getting harder to find but they hold quite a few rounds.

Goatpacker

I noticed the other day for a larger tin that is designed even better and of thicker metal that the ones that Camel Snus Tobacco come in are really nice. They even have a rubber seal built into the lid. I'm guessing but it would probably hold 35 to 40 rounds. I will fill one up and report in a day or two. They are not as big as a regular sized Altoids can.

kbuzbee

Quote from: Goatpacker on July-23-13 20:07
I noticed the other day for a larger tin that is designed even better and of thicker metal that the ones that Camel Snus Tobacco come in are really nice.

Just don't get distracted and put a WMR under your lip ;)

Ken

ljutic

It rattles like a box of Tic-Tacs in my pocket, but the price was right. (freebie)  Ask the counter if they have any pill boxes the next time you are in WAG.

5 each of Magnum and LR with room to spare. 

Owner and Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog.

G50AE

I could see that taking care of a few headaches.  ;)

shortline

My Wife made these for me, they are 2" square and hold 5 Mag rounds.  She made them out of a Vinyl material, they fit in my watch pocket in my Jeans.

Goatpacker

Update, the mini Altoids can now holds 15 rounds, ear plugs, and a mini cleaning kit!!! I have 9 hornady V Max and 6 shots bells all 22 WMR, a pair of foam ear plugs, 4 cleaning patches, and a mini cleaning rod (a 4" piece of heavy weedeater line)!!! That's a lot in a small package!!! The Camel Snus can will hold 30 rounds with ear plugs, rod, and about 8 patches!!! I'm beginning to think I'm putting way too much thought into all this!!! Kinda the way I am though!!!