WTB .32NAA reloading Dies

Started by fletch, August-27-13 09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch

Just bought me a 32naa  :) and looking to find a set of reloading dies.

Thanks,
fletch

fletch

Also I'll pay $200 for a set of dies if anyone has a set for sell.

Thanks,
fletch

Rohn

(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  (KJV)

MR_22

Congrats on joining the .32NAA club! And welcome to the board.

There ARE dies out there, but they are becoming quite rare. I would bet your best chance would be to find a used one from somebody whose interest has waned in the caliber. I haven't heard of any new ones being made, but since I'm not in the market for a set, I don't know for sure.

Good luck, tho. And WELCOME!

fletch

Well I found me a set of dies!

Thanks everyone for the information
fletch

MR_22

I

So how does the bottleneck .32 NAA die set work? One for the neck, one for the body? Why is it so hard? Can't you use a properly set .380 and .32 acp set of dies (set for correct depth) and make it work?

How are these things super rare and custom? It's two dimensions of stock cartridges. Anyone care to chime in on this one?

TwoGunJayne

I don't understand why it wouldn't work for a few loadings, either... except as the shoulder tries to blow forward, but then again... that's fire-forming to the chamber. The neck sizing die can crush the shoulder back if it's set properly.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Silly me. My mistake was thinking that the bullets were identical between .32 naa and .32 acp. I've read in so many places that it is so, but it is not. I'd have found out sooner if I handloaded the .32 naa. It's amazing how many people say it uses a .32 acp bullet! False!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_NAA
QuoteThe .32 NAA uses the .312" diameter bullet of the .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R Magnum, and .327 Federal Magnum, not the .309" diameter bullet of the .32 ACP.

Okay, so why wouldn't a .380 wall die and a .32 s&w neck die work?