,22lr ammo

Started by Bluelitenin, August-30-13 19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluelitenin

Kames sports has bricks of .22lr federal brand for $24.99. They are in Canton Ohio.

Rohn

That is good to know as I may be in that area soon.  Thanks for the information.
(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  (KJV)

Bluelitenin

Since they limited the amount to one brick of 400 rounds, I whent back the next morning and they
were all gone! But at least you know they do get it in.

MR_22

Gone are the days when I could run down to the store and buy a brick of 500 rounds for 9 to 10 dollars for my Remington Nylon 66 rifle. Gone is the rifle, too, I'm sad to say, that those were the days!

That was the mid-80's. I had a part-time job in high school helping people with computer classes (on WordStar on the IBM PC/XT, if you remember that!) and I earned about $100 a month. I think I got paid something like $4.50 per hour, which I was happy to get. Every pay day (which was once a month), I'd run down to Western Auto and buy a brick of .22LR shells. Today, I would have had to get my Dad to buy them.

A brick would usually last me until next payday, but not always.

tocsn40

Naa in those days i would get my bricks from a mam that shot 22 in computation and sold bricks to kids in school for $6. That brick lasted a long time as all i had was a single shot 22.   
Tocsn40

Kentucky Kevin

I shot Rifle Team in B.S.A., our troop had a tractor trailer with hay bales and bullet trap and we were right behind the Hendersonville Library in the middle of town. Our ammmo was .01 per round, and this was in the early 80's. I'm wondering now if that was match grade, or something, that seems high for the times
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

postalman

I hope we never have to look back at the present and consider this "the good ol' days" when it comes to ammo prices.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

PaducahMichael

Sure as rain, someday these will be the "good old days."  It's always hard to remember that, but it's true.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Postalman on September-07-13 16:09
I hope we never have to look back at the present and consider this "the good ol' days" when it comes to ammo prices.

Those days WILL come.
Glad I am too old to see them.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Maccab

If you chaps are of the notion that disarmament will be achieved by ammunition prices and or production, you must resist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_V/L

http://www.voere.de/de/historie/vec-91.html

Even a Forsyth patent type idea...

However you do it, it must be done in reverence of your illustrious dead animal hat wearing forefathers.

Hurrah, or hoorah as you might say.