My first Mini

Started by sigp220.45, September-08-13 20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

sigp220.45

Nothing special here, other than its my first NAA mini.  I actually got it for my daughter, who goes to college in Albuquerque and walks her dog at night in the off-campus student ghetto where she lives.  She can't get a concealed permit yet, but open carry is legal in NM at age 19, so she can just hang it around her neck.  The "purple haze" holster actually matches her hair (this week).

Kentucky Kevin

Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

KPaul

Great present, dad!  8) And I wish they'd bring open carry back to Florida.

TwoGunJayne

A mini sounds perfect for a college student dog-walking gun. Now get her a wickedly bright pocket flashlight. :)

MR_22

Nice pics and welcome to the forum!

jw1128

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=200

That flastflight goes everywhere with me, even carry on luggage.  The strobe definitely is a great feature to have available to you, esp when thats all you have...

Good job on the mini.  Check out the grips to go along they make a difference.  http://www.revisioncv.com/media-gallery/detail/8/7

mouselvr

RogueTS1

So in NM one can open carry a handgun below the age of 21? Can they purchase the handgun and the handgun ammo too? If so that is awesome to hear.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Mandodoc

Nice purchase and Wonderful Pictures (you've taken pics before I'm betting....) Welcome to the world of minis.

Dinadan

sigp220.45 - welcome to the forum. That is a great present for a 19 year old! As the father of a 21 year old, I have wrestled with the question of when I should give her a revolver of her own. I elected to wait until she is out of college, but if she lived in a bad type place she would have a gun now.

III

Congratulations.  As a fellow father of girls, I share your concerns for their safety.  I'm looking forward to teaching mine how to safely handle and effectively shoot a firearm.  Welcome to the board and have fun with that sharp looking piece. 

PaducahMichael

I'm not a father of a young woman...but if I was in that position and she was ok with it, I'd want her to have SOMETHING more than a can of mace or pepper spray. I can't imagine the angst you fathers must have. I'd be worried all the time - and I live in a pretty quiet smallish town.

Good idea to carry on necklace. It's ok to open carry here in Kentucky, too, and really easy to get a CCDW permit.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

jw1128

My daughter is still a bit too young to start shooting, but I have already picked up a couple things with her in mind.

G50AE

Quote from: jw1128 on September-11-13 04:09
My daughter is still a bit too young to start shooting, but I have already picked up a couple things with her in mind.

Have you shown her the Eddie Eagle gun safety videos?